【𝟑𝟕】

It was in the middle of the night when Levana began her labor. The Red Keep was bustling with people in the halls and handmaidens began to pile into Levana and Aemond's chambers. The prince was pacing across the room in a slight panic as the maesters attended to his wife.

"Aemond," Levana called weakly, almost immediately, the prince went to her side, taking her hand in his.

"I'm afraid," The princess confessed as Aemond shook his head, "don't be, I'm with you."

Levana groaned in pain as the maester looked up at her, "the head has come, princess, you will need to push harder."

"I can't."

"Levana, my love," Aemond began, "please, you have to do this."

Levana let out a loud shout as Princess Rhaenys ran into the chambers. The princess had just arrived from Driftmark, she didn't even have the time to change her clothes as Levana was already in her labors.

"Ana," Rhaenys called, kneeling beside her opposite Aemond, "I'm here, my beloved."

"The head has come, Your Grace," the maester stated, "the princess needs to see this one through."

"My darling," Rhaenys began, "you know what you have to do, please, for the sake of your child."

Levana held her husband and grandmother's hands tightly as she began to push. She shouted loudly before hearing a loud cry erupt through the room.

"It's a son," the maester stated, standing up slightly to show the princess her newborn son, he would then hand him to the nurses to be cleaned before returning to tend to the princess.

"What's happening?" Princess Rhaenys asked, "is she not finished?"

"There's another babe, My Lady."

Levana turned to Aemond in shock as the pain came coursing through her body. The pain of birthing one child had been enough, but the princess was unsure if she would be able to survive the birth of another.

"I can't," Levana confessed, "I don't have the strength anymore, Aemond."

"Give the princess something for the pain!" Princess Rhaenys ordered as the other maesters scrambled to collect Milk of the Poppy before giving it to Levana who groaned at the pain. The pushing had made her exhausted but she still tried.

In the middle of her birthing, a loud yet distant roar could be heard from the Dragonpit. Queen Alicent walked into the room, immediately rushing to Aemond's side.

"The Dragonkeepers have come to inform us that Vermithor has been restless," Queen Alicent whispered, "how is Levana?"

"The princess has given birth to the first child, My Queen," the maester stated, "the second child is on the way."

"Second child?" Queen Alicent asked, "twins?"

"My Queen, the princess will have to see this through," the maester stated, "the birth of the first child took too long and I cannot guarantee the safety of the second if the princess does not push now."

Levana, upon hearing this, pushed with all her might. She was not about to lose a child.

"That's it, princess," the maester stated as Levana continued pushing. Even in pain, Levana couldn't bring herself to cry - she didn't have the strength for that anymore either.

A few minutes passed as another loud cry resounded through the room. Levana let out a groan of relief as the maester stood up from his stool, "a princess."

Rhaenys stood up from the floor to look at the baby in the maesters arms. One of the nurses would approach her as well to show her the first baby.

"The best of both worlds," Princess Rhaenys smiled as she gazed upon her great-grandchildren, "congratulations, Levana."