【𝟏𝟏𝟐】

At the request of Lady Alicent, her trial took place in front of the Dragonpit. In her defense, the location was ideal as it was a symbol of House Targaryen and fitting for Levana with her moniker of Mother of Dragons.

This was also where their coronation would be held. Lady Alicent stated if there was any blood of hers that would be spilled, it would be a way to protect House Targaryen to build a sturdier foundation of the house as it would be reborn with the blood of an usurper.

Levana along with Aemond and her Small Council sat on top of a makeshift stage just in front of the gates of the Dragonpit as Lady Alicent's carriage, escorted by the City Watch, arrived. From the carriage emerged the Hightower dressed in a simple black garb; her hair remained untied as she made her way towards the Queen. Despite the instance, she held her head high with a smile on her face.

"Lady Alicent Hightower," Airell began, "you stand accused of murder and treason."

There was a short pause as the Lord Confessor looked towards her, "how do you answer these charges?"

"I plead guilty," Alicent began, "I murdered King Viserys Targaryen by giving him small doses of Tears of Lys until his health declined and he died."

Gasps came from the crowd as Airell looked down, "and treason?"

"I conspired with Otto Hightower, Criston Cole, and the rest of Aegon Targaryen's Small Council to usurp the throne from its rightful heir, Queen Levana Velaryon and her mother, Rhaenyra Targaryen."

Aemond held his wife's hand as he watched. While their relationship had turned sour, the Targaryen King cared deeply for this mother - she never abandoned him and the fact that he just had to sit by and watch the trial left a bitter taste in his mouth.

"There is another crime that I wish to confess to," Alicent turned to Levana and Aemond with a small smile, "I committed a crime of infidelity against King Viserys Targaryen by bedding his brother, Prince Daemon."

Levana held her husband's hand tightly as Airell stood up from her seat. Ser Nandor then walked towards Alicent who took her place behind the beheading stone.

"Lady Alicent Hightower, you are charged guilty for your crimes against House Targaryen and your crimes are therefore punishable by death," Airell said as Ser Nandor nodded in response. He unsheathed his sword and raised it, preparing to strike.

Alicent, for the last time, turned to Levana and Aemond with a smile on her face, "I love you both," she whispered as the blade swiftly cut through the woman's neck - ending her life. Lady Alicent's head fell on the basket just below the beheading stone as blood poured from her body.

There was a long period of silence that enveloped King's Landing as the skies darkened. Rain began to fall as Levana hung her head low; tears were falling from her eyes as the Small Council quickly began to make their way to the carriages.

The Ladies of the Court began to collect Lady Alicent's body as the rain poured harder. Levana, on the other hand, remained seated. Aemond had to pull her away from the chair and push her into a carriage to get her out of the rain.

There was a long silence between the two of them as their carriage made its way back to the Red Keep. Aemond watched his wife who was staring at her lap.

"It is my greatest hope that we won't need to do this again," Levana whispered, "we've lost so many family members already."

"Eva."

"I don't want to lose anyone else," the Gold Queen continued, "I've nearly lost all my brothers, my mothers, my grandsire, and my children."

Aemond took a deep breath as he pulled his wife into an embrace. The Velaryon sobbed into his chest.

"I thought that this war had made me so strong," Levana said, "but it seems as though we all have a breaking point."

Aemond chuckled slightly as he placed a hand on her head, stroking her hair. More than anything he knew that words weren't what his wife needed now - but there was something that he couldn't help but ask.

"How long have you known?" Aemond asked, "about my real father?"

"A long time," Levana confessed, "the day that you found out was the day that I did as well."

"How did you...?"

"Aemond," she sighed, "I think most of you forget that I have an impeccable sense of hearing."

"Who else knows?" Aemond asked, "Eva, why...?"

"Myself and my grandmother," Levana confessed, "no one else knows and no one else will."

"How are you sure of that?" Aemond asked, "with my mother's confession, there will surely be doubts."

"Doubts that will not befall this house," Levana said, "Sorin and Airell will see to it that no one will question your birth father."

Aemond did not doubt his wife but doubt and shame filled his heart. He frowned as he looked away from his wife, sighing.

"This does not affect how I see you, Aemond," Levana placed a hand on his cheek, "regardless of who your father is, it does not change what I feel about you and how I see you."

"Daemon killed our children."

"You are not Daemon," Levana said firmly, "you might be his son but you are not him and his crimes will not be yours, Aemond."

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?" Aemond chuckled, "now I know where my ruthlessness came from."

Levana wrapped her arms around him, "I said it once and I will say it again, I will not lose you to Daemon."

"Eva," the Targaryen King sighed, "we cannot live in a lie forever."

"I will not have you live your life the bastard king," the Velaryon Queen responded, "if this is something that I must take to the grave, then I will."

"Eva."

"This is the last time that I will hear of this, Aemond," Levana placed a kiss on his cheek as the carriages came to a halt, "our coronation is tomorrow."