Chapter 1 Egg Still yes

What the egg looks like

*My life is,but a simple life. I live in peace and harmony with my dragon kin. They see me as an equal not an outsider like most humans. The humans that come here seek only one thing the heart of a dragon. You see the foolish people called man think that by taking our hearts they will win the love of their lover or queen to gain status among their peers. Man is foolish. I cannot see them through my solid cage called an egg,but I can hear them. My kin hold elements such as light,darkness, fire,water,acid,poison and much more, I am still,but an egg,but I know the future holds so much more instore. Outside I can hear my kin fighting off yet another invader,man. My kin slaughtered by their hands. They fall victim to their sharp piercing blade never to see the light of dawn again. I can hear my mother murmur comforting words as she puts me into a long slumber so I will sleep through this sedge of war only to be awakened in another century and time.*

~100 years later~

*I can feel my egg and myself being moved, I know it is not from the mouth or claw of my kin, the hands are too small, I must be being moved by man by the feel of it. I have still yet to hatch and I wont,not just yet. I feel the rocky motion of a horse moving across the changed plains of the land. Finally, we stop I can feel some of my kin in eggs around me there are more than I thought there would be after the war. They too are awake and trying to hatch. I won't hatch though. I am not what you would say the typical dragon when I hatch.*

"Another day in the hatchery, I wonder who will pick their dragon this time. The eggs here are so pretty with their blues red,ingos and teel. Too many colors to even name. Its a shame the dragon war broke out and these creatures were concord. At least we no longer kill them."

*Hmm their is something about this boy I like.*

"Zander we found another egg,it was hidden in that snowy mountain we go to all the time,I wonder why we never saw this egg before. A Queen must have just laid her. Though I don't know what species the egg is can you take a look? Just don't touch her with your bare hand,you don't want her bonding with you."

"I have been here at the academy for years now, don't you think I know not to touch the egg with my bare hand?"

*Bond why would I bond with somebody? Tho I feel I am missing something, I feel like I have forgotten something I need to know. What is it I forgot? I could feel my egg being shifted around a little,but very gently. I opened my eye to the pale light that shone through my leathery casing.*

"I am not sure what breed she is. I have been working here for a good time and I don't know, her egg I haven't see it before its almost transparent. That's probably why you didn't see her before."

"Ahh well you have the dragon stables to muck don't you?"

"Yes."

"Ok well why don't you go muck them while I find this egg somebody to bond with."

"Sure."

*I heard as footsteps leave and about and hour or so latter more came.*

"Its about time I got an egg. So which one is it? A fire dragon egg?"

"No a species that we don't even know about."

"As long as its strong then I will be happy with it."

*I don't like the sound of this boy,he seems stuck up.I felt his bare hand touch my egg and I sent out an electric shock at him keeping him from touching it again.*

"Ouch! That egg shocked me!"

"Then it is an electric dragon not many of those. Try again."

*Once again he touched my egg and I let out a small flame engulf my egg. Low enough not to burn skin,but hot enough to sting.*

"Ugghhh I want a different egg!"

"Yes it seems like it wont accept you. Sorry bout that lad. Pick a different egg."

*I heard my kin get touched next to me and then he awoke and started to hatch. He was a fiery red fire dragon, just like that boy wanted.I shifted in my small egg that was becoming uncomfortable for sleeping in it for so long.I listened as they left the hatchery as they called it and I had had enough of this tiny egg. I pressed my talons against the leathery shell and clawed my way out of the egg. I was met with a cold environment outside of my egg and I was soaked in the embyotic fluid of the egg. I looked around and I was laying in some hay,the hay stuck to me,the world wasn't how I imagined it, it was in blue and green. I blinked my eyes a few times,but only living things held a blue shape and none living green with black outlines. I looked at my hand and it was a soft snow white and it was smooth like my egg.There were so many sound and smells around and the air was so cold. I burrowed under the hay and fell asleep stretched out compleatly in my bare scaleless form the humans held. Only showing a few dragonistic features like my claws my still wet and none unfurled wings and of course my dragons eyes and heart. I closed my eyes as I let the cool air around me and the warm hay evolve me in a silent sleep.*