Chapter 8 Landing

*I had been diving and using the current from my downward flight to keep me airborn, but my wings were starting to get tired from all of the strain from doing this and the aerobatic stunt. Diving and opening your wings at a thousand pluse an hour is a lot harder than it looks. Expecially for never used and new wing muscles like I had. I could see a flying lesson for the young riders going on. There was a group of kids on a huge dragon's back learning what it felt like to ride a dragon. I was looking at the kids on the back of the dragon as I would go up and down on the currents from my dive. Several times I even tried to glide like the dragon the kids were ridding all that did for me tho was turn me upside down and start to plummet. The older dragon rider instructor had seen me doing my stunts from a distance and had started to come over my way to get a better look. At this point I couldnt feel my wing muscles anymore and I just let gravity take me down in a plummet with my wings hanging limply and getting thrown every which way. I saw ground coming but it wasn't processing in my mind and then I felt a thump. I saw huge wide eyed kids looking and a wide eyed instructor. I wrapped my claws around the older dragons scales lightly so as not to puncture them with my even more razor sharp claws that could easily cut diamond.*

"Lass you alright?"

* I nodded and closed my eyes and didn't even bother tucking my wings into my sides seeing as they felt like jelly.I could hear some murmurs. then I felt hands touching and lightly tugging my wings. It didn't hurt but I didn't like it either.*

"NO touchy!"

* The kids pulled back and looked a little shocked. I could feel my feathers get ruffled by the wind and they started to come and fall off making way for larger feathers my skin started to come off also from all of my dives and I now was looking like a ten year old . Slightly younger looking than these kids here. I finally started to get feeling back into my wings and we were about a hundred feet from the ground. I jumped and just barly opened my wings and glided down . The instructor and kids looked horrified as I jumped off. They all looked over the side of the older dragon at me as I glidded down to safety . Relief washed over their faces as I landed safely on wobbly legs. Lilly and Zander were in front of the school with their heads buried in their hands. I walked in front of them and heard them murrmuring something.*

"We are so dead , we killed a baby dragon by chasing her too her death and we have no excuse for it. either. She was so young to have died too!!!"

" Who died?"

" Not now Iceis,we are mourning over you...Iceis you are alive ! Don't ever do that again!"

* I was suddenly clomped into a hug and being sorta squashed.*

"Yes I am alive, now let go of me!!"

*Of course they didn't let go of me and only hugged me tighter.*

"K..killing m..me!"

"OH, sorry Iceis."

"Zander mee lad you know this lass?"

"Yes, she is sorta a dragon."

"Yee sure bout that? The lass here looks pretty human too me."

" Positive, she is a dragon."

"I am dragon."

"I don't see how that could be.. Did you go to Arcamediese about this?"

"Of course I did. Just we didn't find anything like this."

" Don't talk as if I am not here please."

"Right,right, sorry lass."

* I still don't see why this is such a big deal, me hatching as I am and not having a rider, after all I was laid at a time which no dragon riders existed anyway, only dragon slayers which killed us like live stoke. Just the thought of it made my hair stiffen and prickle and the now shoulder length willow sliver branch hair contract and shoot out mini paralysis needles I looked over and anybody standing next to me was paralyzed. The bad thing was I don't know how long it will take to wear off. If it wears off at all, or if I somehow have to un paralyze them. If so, how do I un paralyze them? For now I think I will have some fun with this. I went over to Zander and drug him over to a tree and curved his stiff legs over a trees branch and balanced him on it. I grabbed Lilly next and put her ontop of the older Irish riding instructors head in a Handstand on his shoulders and Zander's hands on her feet so as to when they unfroze they would all come crashing into a pile, which I would be watching seeing as how I am nocturnal and the sun is setting now .*