Chapter 35 Ansestory Lesson

(Sry I have been meaning to upload the image if Iceis wings for awhile the one on top is featherless the one if the bottom feathers this is how I imagine her wings to look)

*Ok so apparently the hair due I did for Zander ended up making his hair stiff due to my chewing on his hair. How was I sopost to know my saliva when in contact with hair became stiff? Yeah I knew it got stiff when in contact with my frost.*

"Ughhh I can't wash my hair out!"

"Look on the bright side no bad hair days."

"That's not the point!"

"Well I am sorry to say this you just will have to wait till my saliva comes out which may take awhile at least your hair won't get greasy or get messed up and it smells good at least. Be glade I eat spearmint."

"I want to be mad at you,sadly I can't cause if I get made then I am going to strangle you which I could get hung for!"

"I have ten lives no biggy if I lose one."

"How can you talk so calmly about death,even if you have ten lives?"

"Well once a dragon dies we don't exactly die our energy gets stored in out hearts which gets absorbed so we live on in the next generation. Well it was that way for the ancient breeds anyway."

*I carefully balanced a knife on my finger as it wavered a little then finally slipped cutting my finger and missing my foot by a few inches.*

"Hey be careful!"

"Why? I am not hurt."

*I licked my finger healing my finger instantly.*

"Well not only for your safety,but that knife is generations old."

"Really now. How important is it to you?"

"Pretty important."

*I smirked at this picking the knife up ordinary knives wouldn't be able to get past my micro feathers on my fingers,which meant this was once a hunters knife,and or it held a dragons heart or both. I examined it and found six small dragon hearts on it. The blade despite how the rest of the knife looked was extremely well taken care of. It was indeed a hunters knife however the arura admitted from it wasn't that of death it was a warmer feeling to it. Even the dragon hearts didn't seem distorted like they had been murdured they seemed at peace.*

"These hearts were given willingly."

"Hearts?"

"Yes hearts see these gem looking things on the hilt?Those are dragon hearts however they don't hold as much power as that of a kin dragon dying the power had already been harvested only a little was left. Why not all if it was taken is a mystery. Your ancestors who made the knife knew of my kins way very well and were quiet blessed to have six dragon hearts gifted to them."

"I have seen those somewhere else that's  right on several of my books! Except the hearts are clear like glass which it what I thought they were."

"Clear like glass?"

*Zander nodded and pulled out a book at first glance they indeed looked like glass on the human eye level however when a dragons eye became slitted each heart held a different colored flame dancing inside of it these had full power and emitted a warfare cry within their being. These hearts had been obtained in battle and the hearts came from young dragons in their youth with the fire of war burning in their very soul. I brushed my fingers over the hearts the flames died down a little casting the rightful glow of the flame to where the human eye could see a glass color of the flame.*

"It's pretty,yet sad and haunting all at the same time."

"That's because this is the warfare cry of my kin you feel."

"It feels so calm yet...sad."

"We as mighty beings don't fear war like humans do we embrace it yet wish not to start not play in it our species doesn't fight among  ourselves  we settled conflict through logic and reason as well as coin tosses or carcass tosses of rabbits.My guess is sometime during or before  the Dragon War broke out your ancestor might have helped my kin or even stood alongside them during the war seeing as six of the many elements we possessed are held in that knife even if not much power was left wielded by a human it matched that of a dragon expect only with six elements."

"Amazing my ancestors were so close to your kin."

"Yes,that could have something to do with why I felt so calm around you when I first hatched and even now,because I imprinted your ancestors scent into my memory as a friend even if I didn't know it. To me everybody else's smells weird and kinda smells  like an old stench of pee that could never be quiet washed out only after I scent them as a friend do they then smell ok."