Chapter 5 Telapathy

Pic of Lilly above

*I slowly opened my eyes and I was met with the sight of all of the tables full of books compleatly cleared off except for two or three books left. I yawned and sat up with the popping of my spine along with the cracking of my skin and peeling of it coming compleatly off. I opened my stiff wings up and gave them a couple of beats and some downy feathers came off and some longer more visible primary feathers came and took their place.*

"Well we only have one book left."

*The book Zander was holding was the one I had found.*

"Zander may I see that book?"

"Sure here you go Archimedes."

"I see I was wondering where the Dragon jewel collection had gone."

"You mean this is one of the legendary books of rare dragons?"

"Yes,tho all of the species in here went extinct due to the Dragon War and the inability to tame the species. All they were good for back then were their outward orb hearts. That would be the jewels on the cover. I remember my grandfather told me a story his grandfather would tell him. It was about how the female dragons back then would take the heart of their deceased and put it around the nest to keep them close and protect their young."

*Oh yeah I remember that. Mother only had two jewels like that. Once the Dragon War started she could no longer do that due to the fact the humans would take my kin's hearts.*

"So why don't any dragons have a outward orb heart anymore?"

"Well you see dragons had to find a way to protect their hearts and the adaptation of the inward hearts came up thus protecting the dragons from harm further,but with that adaptation also came their concurring. You see they lost their will to be free and so thus came forth the first dragon to be ridden and dragon rider and the academy was started from then on."

*So I guess that fills me in on a bit of my past. Tho what species of dragon am I that is what the big question around here seems to be,as well as 'who I bonded with'. I have grown tired of not being able to speak,I wonder if I can communicate telepathically. I focused on Zander and Archimedes and worked on pushing my way through their foggy mist filled minds Archimedes mind shield broke first then Zanders.*

'Ok testing one two three testing. Can you understand me?'

"Archimedes do you hear something?"

"My, my, my our little dragon sure is a quiq learner."

"You mean that's the hatchling speaking?!"

' Duhh who else would it be?'

"I thought only dragon riders and dragons could speak!"

'Boy you sure are dense. Listen I don't know what happen while I was asleep in my egg,but I hatched ok,so deal with it. As for telepathy it works both ways you know. Try speaking in my mind,I have my shield down so you can go ahead and enter.'

'HOW DOES THIS WORK?'

'Gahhhh! Keep it down no need for yelling!'

'Sorry, how about now?'

'Much better.'

'Young dragon could you tell us your name since you allowed us to enter your mind?'

'My name? Hmm let me think. I like Iceis so you can call me that.'

'Ok Iceis what species are you?'

'How should I know,I have been in an egg for a century.'

'Can you communicate in our language?'

'Yes,but my vocabulary is limited,so you will have to teach me.'

"Allright Zander you heard Iceis,you will be teaching her our language."

"What?! I am only a hatchery and stable hand, I don't do anything,but that."

"Iceis you will need to have a rider,so who is your rider?"

'I don't have a rider,I grew bored of being in my egg so I hatched,simple as that.'

"You will have to have a rider tho."

'Listen nobody is riding me. I am nobody's tame little pet,if I really want to,then I can kill all of you with the flick of my wing.'

"Umm in case you haven't looked in the mirror lately,even tho you just shed you are pretty much looking like a seven year old,and as for your wings,they are really small."

*I flashed my eyes a icy blue then let them return to their misty blue.*

'You really wish to test me?'

"Of course we don't."

'I see, very good,I am closing my mind off to you now,if you want to speak to me you have to break through my walls just like I broke through yours.'

"Very well, I can see I will just have to find somebody to look after you then"

*I cracked a smirk and kept my eyes trained on Zander. I pointed at him and gave my wings a beat causing all of my down feathers to come flying off the only trace of downy that was left were a small row of minuscule close together down going along the first row of feathers on the top of my wing.*

"Oh no, I don't do older dragons,I only do eggs. You my,.....feathery friend are going to be under the care of somebody else."

*I caused my black slitted pupil to become slitted even more and narrowed my eyes at Zander.*

"Don't even think about weaseling your way out of this."

*I rolled my eyes at this and closed them again seeing as it was still light out.*

"So your nocturnal are you?"

*I cracked an eye open and gave a short nod then closed them again and fell asleep.*

"Well that's going in the book as well as rapid growth."

*I let a ringlet of frosty smoke excite from my nostrils and I fell asleep to the sound of kids going in and out of the library.*