Chapter 3 Experimenting with Food

Pic of the  academy principal (still haven't thought if a name for him😓)

*I was currently sitting on the squishy thing and Zander was just sitting there looking at me.*

"Ok first thing is first,what kind of teeth do you have? Can you open your mouth for me?"

*I opened my mouth revealing my sharp teeth with grinding ones in the back.*

"Well aside from the fact your teeth are sharper than ours you should be able to eat both plants and meat,which makes things I guess both easier and harder."

"Hungry!"

"I know your hungry just give me a sec. Here try this."

*I was handed something round and orange I put it in my mouth and it squished and squirted its juice. I froze it before it hit the ground then grabbed the icicle and started to lick it.*

"Ok then, I guess you like oranges,and are probably and ice dragon."

*I let my tong wrapped around the icicle then went back to staring at what Zander was doing. I jumped down and walked over and jumped into his lap to see. He had made some marks on a piece of I think paper,I couldn't read the markings though. I jumped down and went to explore the room more. There were gems and egg shells and lots of skins, claws, dragon horns and a book with a dragon on it,there were several actually. I grasped one of the gems in my hand,the gems was familiar. I remember when I was still in an egg mother would bring back gems much like this and put them around my egg until it was hidden from the world in the pile of gems. I brushed the gem gentle causing it to light up.*

"What are you..waaaahhh put that down! That's not for hatchlings!"

*I set the gem back down and it stopped glowing, I sat down where I was at then looked back at Zander.*

"Please don't touch that. It is very old and fragile."

*I laid down and sprawled my wings out. I went underneath a clear hole and spread my micro feathered wings out and let them turn black to soak up the heat. I could feel my skin begging to get scratched then start to peel. I pealed my first molt off,or rather scratched it off as it flaked and fell into a pile. When I was done Zander seemed to be blankly staring at me. My micro feathers around my body had gotten larger so they were taking on the form of down feathers around my chest wings and abdomen covering it even further from elements.*

"You JUST hatched today and you ALREADY molted!"

*I nodded, my species grew quickly to accommodate so our small frail wings could grow larger faster so we could fly.I stretched my wing out from my body and it had doubled in size and was no longer cartilage,but rather bony.*

"Ok just hold your wing like that so I can draw it. Ok good. So far I have you are a ice dragons,you molt quickly,you like oranges and you have feathers unlike other dragons. "

*I beat my wings which were more slender in shape rather than being large and bulky my wings were small and slender,they fit well with my body structure though.*

"Hungry."

"Still?!"

*I nodded yes.*

"Ok we have chicken,blueberries,and a mango."

*The food was laid out in front of me and I grabbed the chicken ripping the meat and making it shredded up before I ate it. I went over to the mango and froze and lightly cooked it then sucked the slush I had made from the skin then flicked my tong over the blueberries eating them in a couple flicks. I sat back on my back with a full belly and fell asleep with a gassy burp.*

"Well at least you aren't picky, we just need to figure out who you bonded too. It would be a lot easier if you could say other things than hungry."

*I cracked my eyes back open then sat up.*

"Z..a.n..d..e..r Zander."

"I mean like who your rider is smarty feathers."

*I shook my head no at a rider.*

"You have to have a rider,how else could you have hatched."

*I glanced back at the gem and thought better of it. I just shrugged my shoulder,it was useless at this age for me to try and explain the complexity of a dragon hatching to him.*

*I closed my eyes and my feathers started to become translucent as I sat on the floor.*

"Waahhh don't go away! You cant leave my sight!"

*I cracked my eyes open and I closed them again with a tired baby yawn. I might be a bit larger now about the size of a five year old,but I still was in a sense a baby or toddler.*

"If you disappear then it will be my head they will have,not yours."

*I let out a huff and a ringlet of smoke exited my nostrils and it evolved my translucent body and I fell asleep leaving a slight reflection from the sun just ever so faintly betraying my outline of me still being there.*