Chapter 58 Deer Meat

"Your not focusing enough, you need to imagine your blood forming wings imagine the feeling of how it felt imagine when I was little and I took you riding how that felt with the wind whipping your hair."

"Aslo, you almost killing us both."

".... No, I never almost killed us. I had enough control to not do that."

"Well you need to be focusing on your wings missy so don't go lecturing me."

"I have been it is painful, but I am capable  of going from one side of the lake to another with just my wings now."

"Good, I am able to form the very base of the wing."

*I swam over to Zander and poked the very base of the wing testing to see if he could feel it. His response was what I had hoped he would do. He grabbed my hand and gave a disapproving look.*

"Now you know how I feel when people touch my wings."

"I have no idea how you put up with that in the first place."

"With a lot of self control so as I didn't bite anybody's head off."

*I moved over to the side of the lake so I could get out. I sat out and waited for my hands and feet to lose the webbing and it too return to my skin. It reverted back after a minute and my tail feathers became wispy again as well as my hair. Zander  came out of the water with droplets clinging to his hair. I moved over so Zander could sit in the patch of sun with me. Zander had stopped his exercise along with me for a break.*

"So, while you were walking did you see any places that food was located cause the lake is vacant of any fish and the alga I don't believe you want to eat."

"More or less, there is a forest nearby and there should be some small and possibly large game there."

"I can teach you what you already know if you like."

"Whats that?"

"Hunting."

"I don't know how to hunt though."

"All beings do it is in there nature even if it is only for plants all beings know how to hunt."

"Ok then mei amor." (my love)

* Zander had been hiding while I was flushing some deer out towards him. I moved stealthily so as to cause panic when I sprung up. I ran with speed behind a deer and slashed its heel severing the tendon so it would be limping and easier to catch. The deer bolted with a limp right towards Zander with my help of herding it his way. Zander lay in wait with a spear which we had made with some of my loose hair as well as a poisoned tipped spiked feather then we found a good sized stick for the holder of the weapon. The deer sprung right in front of Zander getting stuck on his spear as it pierced the deer's heart.*

"We have meat!"

"Shhhh we can still gather more food don't scare off any other things mei amor."

"Sorry."

"Here I thought you were teaching  me  to hunt."

"I am...if you had some claws or wings I could show you where I stashed some food..."

"Wait, you have food stashed?!"

"Yes, I have it dried out along with... uggghhh I forgot to drag the pelts back into he den!"

"What pelts mei amor?"

"Some deer and rabbit. I could probably climb down into the den with just my claws. however getting back up would be harder."

"It hasn't rained yet so the pelts should be fine."

"You have a point."

*Zander bent down and slung the deer over his shoulders. It was quiet amusing watching him try and carry it.*

"Would you like some help?"

"No, no I have it."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

*Zander re-shifted the deer on his shoulder allowing him to be able to hold the deer far easier. Zander began to walk with confidence back towards the lake. He set the deer down away from where we slept so as to not get the mossy bedding dirty from blood. I extended my talons from my hand and slashed the deer's stomach open with accuracy avoiding breaking the intestines heart and other organs open. I sliced down to the bladder removing it and dug a hole and tossed it into it. I removed the organs quickly and sorted the ones that couldn't be used from the ones that could into two piles.*

"Can you digest foods raw?"

"Umm... sorry no."

"Ok, that isn't a big deal."

 *I grabbed some meat and carefully heated my hand up and the sizzling of meat was heard then once it was cooked I gave it to Zander and ate another cooked piece.*

"Its good, which part of the deer did you use?"

"Intestines, deer sausages."

"...just the casing, right?"

"Course, I just shoved the stomach into it so it is haguse sausages!"

"Hagus is made from sheep not deer."

"Same difference, deer, sheep, almost the same thing. Both are herbivores so stomachs are similar enough."

"I am in charge of cooking the next meal..."

"Mk, just don't throw out the brain nor heart."

"Ok, I won't... I have no idea how you can knowingly eat that though."

"Normally the deer would be eaten whole bone and all, but since I am a semi draco I can last with food much longer in this form. Not to mention, CUDDLING!"

*I tackled Zander to the ground and he was shocked by my sudden cuddle attack, but recovered quickly with a laugh.*