Chapter 56 Heat and Braids

(Dream)

*I was surrounded by warmth and the sun was in the sky as well as the moon. I could feel the warm rays of the sun and the pale moonlight of the moon. I was laying next to a pond where the moon was at and the sun was above me. Gorgeous flowers swayed in the gentle breeze and the long luscious green grass moved and tickled my body. I sat up and looked around. Nothing, but miles upon miles of meadow as far as the dragons eye can see. A gentle smile played upon my lips as I breathed in the crisply cool air. My gaze fell upon a figure laying next to me sleeping steady breaths falling in synch. Blond hair as bright as the sun and tan skin from being out in it so much were the features of my sleeping mate. I leaned down just barley meters away from our lips meeting-*

(End of dream)

*I began to open my eyes I felt really warm and I felt something cold on my head. I brought my hand up to it and found it to be a wet rag. I tried to sit up. However firm hands pressed me back down under the shade of a tree and into the cool green grass.*

"Just lay down. Your still pretty warm."

*I looked with blurry eyes and couldn't make out details, but I saw the outline of my mate. I tried to speak, but my mouth felt dry.*

"Here drink this, it should help."

*Zander had a large leaf with smaller leaves in it and it was rolled so it would be easy to pour into my mouth. Zander put it to my lips and held his hand underneath the opening in case any spilled over. A minty and sweet taste hit my senses and soothed my throat and quenched my thirst.*

"Thanks."

"No problem, how do you feel?"

"...like I was being pulled apart and warm, otherwise I feel fine."

"Well the honey should sooth your throat and the herbs I mixed in with the mint and water should numb your body a bit and help."

"Yeah I was wondering why my body was beginning to go lightly numb. How about you?"

"I am fine."

"So where are we?"

"I looked around and I couldn't smell any humans nor buildings and the breeze felt crisp and fresh. It was almost like my dream I had just had."

"Away from the academy. I brought you here so you could rest."

*I tried sitting up, Zander helped me to get upright. I grabbed the rag from my head before it fell off of my forehead then pup it up on my head at the base of my draperies so I began to cool a bit faster since my draperies held fifty percent of my heat at the base. Zander shifted his body so I was leaning on it and I looked at my reflection in the water. My face was flushed and I looked clammy. I cringed at my look and began to rub my hands and face. My face and body got a bit more color too it seeing as I now had more blood flow moving.*

"So you carried me all the way here?"

"Mmmhmmm I did love."

"I must gotten heavy after awhile."

"You only weight tops ten pounds so it wasn't that hard to carry you, in all honesty."

"Still."

*I began playing with Zander's now longer and shaggier hair it went down to just above his shoulders at the longest parts and just past his ears at the shortest. I began putting small mini braids in his hair for decoration in the style of a alpha dragons mane quiet similar to my mane of hair in dragon form. The longest strands at the top I did slightly larger braids then the braids going down from his head aligning with his spine I only did half braids causing the hair to spike around his head then left his hair framing his face alone. I gave Zander quick peck when I was done.*

"So what have you done this time my little tenebris mate?"

"I styled it like a alpha Dracos mane."

"Very intesting."

*Zander was combing through my hair freeing it of any knots. It felt nice as he finger combed my hair. I felt him get a few stands and separate them as he began to braid my hair. When he was finished I had four buns and small braids designing all around my head and the extra hair went around the buns so it looked like a flower. How Zander did it with only my hair, the world will never know. My draperies were left to hang, however I concentrated and wrapped and wound them into my hair and Zander's masterpiece. My body heat had gone down to a normal temperate so I took the rag off of the base of my draperies and my skin returned to its pale glow now that my body heat wasn't causing my face to flush and my skin to become clammy.*

"Mmmmm I feel much better now. I almost want to fly..."

*I trailed off remembering my wings. I looked at them. I saw a little fat at the base, however I still didn't have any muscle in my wings to build onto. I pursed my lips as I began to think. I kicked my feet in the water not really using any of my muscles in my legs. An idea hit, I had used water therapy once before, I could try it again if I used my wings enough then even if there weren't any muscles in my wings my wings could get tricked into making muscle to help me swim which in the long run is what I need. The only problem is if my mucked will be the right ones for flight since I use all of my muscle for flight and only a few at the joints for swimming.*