Chapter 43 My Mate is What?!

*I felt ripples going through my body. It didn't hurt,but it wasn't particularly comfortable either. My bones started to crack and re-shift into my original hatching form. I whipped my tail around furiously like a angry cat, however I wasn't angry just,...playfully frisky.*

"That didn't look very appealing that shift from dragon to semi human."

"It wasn't particularly comfortable. You smell really good you know."

"Stalker dragon much?"

"Hey I have a sensitive nose ya know."

"Well,that is true...say how does this whole ya know..season affect you exactly?"

"What do you mean?"

"Mood changes,you know normal season stuff."

"Hmmm I guess I am happier for pg refrence."

"Ooooooookkkkkk then.....should I be a protector,or just sit back during this season?"

"Neither, ya don't have to act differently, just like before it all is determined by my mood,really and my mood is happy right now!"

*I jumped out and grabbed Zander giving him a almost bone crushing hug. Though is was gentle so not as too hurt him. I began rubbing my cheek against his chest getting my scent on him and began too purr. Zander was gently petting my head as I was purring.*

"So tell me little miss dragon how did you shift ehhh?"

"Ummm....... don't ask me I kinda just did."

"So you have no clue?"

"Nope."

"Bummer."

*I smelled another male coming close,human, around forty years of age maybe older...I turned around in Zander's arms so I would be facing whoever was coming. Soon the Cornel came round the building and waved Zander and I over. My feathers which had stood on end slightly stood down. Zander and I walked over to the Cornel to see what he wanted.*

"Hello Zander,Iceis,how have you been?"

"Good?"

"Decent."

"Glad to hear that. So Iceis,have you found a mate,or are you too young for that?"

"Romantic affairs are a personal thing,as for if I am too young,no I am not. In accordance I am about twenty twenty one both as in human form and dragon."

"Ok,let me refrase that,are you going to be participating in choosing a mate meaning you will become a queen draco?"

*I laughed at this.*

"Queens are chosen by their parents and dragon community when I was first laid I was already a chosen queen."

"Then you already have a mate?"

"I did once,however the Dragon War would have killed him if he was found as an egg and hatched. So therefore my first chance mate never existed so my second chance mate will be somebody who has the highest affinity with me and he will still be just the same as my first chance mate if not looking the same then his spirit would have been transferred to this era."

"So in other words yes?"

"Yes,I do have a mate."

"Then where is he?"

"How should I know?"

"Waa,but you just said-"

"I said I had a mate I didn't say I knew where he was at."

"Then how are you sopost to know who your mate is?"

"By smell,sight,and heartbeat."

*I got a strange prickly feeling and turned around with silvery eyes towards Zander and I smelled him....weird he smells like a dragon....I focused on my hearing and listened to Zanders heart. Then I shifted so I could pass through Zander's flesh I shrunk my body so I could fit then wrapped my body around his heart in a mini draco form I listened to his heartbeat and listened to it in time with mine. No batguanno way! I jolted out of his body and stood wide eyed.*

"You!'

"What about me?"

"How in batguanno are you my mate!"

"Wait...i'm your mate? How is that even possible? Your a dragon and I am a human. How does that even work!"

*I sat silent thinking this over...now that I think about it,before I even hatched I had a connection to Zander I thought that it was just he had a pure soul or something and or his ancestors helped my species so he was gifted as family or something. Ohh no turns out he is my mate...in other words my life long partner....*

"Well looks like we will need to keep you two under careful watch,please follow me."

*I frowned at this and my mane of hair rose up.*

"Realax,just follow him."

"I let out a huff then followed. The Cornel motioned for us to walk into a titanium room it had straw on the floor and several beds. I moved the straw revealing extremely bright lights underneath the flooring. I shifted to go invisible though before I was even a shade lighter the lights burned my skin causing me to become fully visible and my skin to blister. I spat on my skin soothing my skin and then let the blue sheen saliva to peel off leaving the heathy skin underneath unaffected. I heard a door close I tried running for it though it closed in my face before I could get out. I let out an angered roar and extended my wings and flung some poisoned feathers at the door the end result the feathers just bouncing right off of the door. I went up to Zander and sat down in front of him my tail now whipping around behind me angerly. We were trapped in here and I was a very angry dragon. I wouldn't hurt Zander,but I might accidentally in my rage so I didn't want to do that so thus I sat in front of him I didn't want him far from me meaning out of my sight. Zander gave a sigh and stroked my head calming me down then picked me up and sat me in his lap I calmed down listening to his heartbeat and fell asleep like that.*

(What is so funny about the beginning of this chapter,is the fact my sense of smell is little too none existing lol)