Chapter 44 Knowledge is Key

* I woke up to the sight of bright lights in my face. I extended my wings shielding my eyes from the light and shading myself as well as Zander.*

"What's with the bright light?"

"I don't know,I just woke up,but I can't see very well it hurts my eyes too much."

*I closed my eyes and kept my wings over my head as well as Zander's.*

"I can see fairly well  so don't worry about it too much,I can tell you if anything is happening."

*I heard a small buzzing noise then a voice came through from somewhere I couldn't pin point the exact location since the sound bounced around the room.*

"The Cornel has instructed me to keep watch of you two so anything you say or do is being recorded if you need anything then just say so and it will be sent down anonymously through different spots."

*I didn't recognize the voice and the lights were giving me a headache despite my closed eyes.*

"Can you please dim down the lights cause it's making me nauseous."

"Sorry,I can't,anything else?"

"Make a spot that's dimmer than the rest unless you want me to get sick."

*I could feel my meal coming up and I jumped up and threw up what I had eaten onto the floor corner.*

"Too late."

"One second.....ok I have been informed I can make the room dimmer so you don't get sick however the floor lights stay on."

"I..bleagffhhhh...don't care just..bleghh...turn the lights...blegh...down."

*The lights dimmed and my nauseaness died down to only a slight pang. My stomach constricted wanting to expel the rest and I complied then I was ok. I grabbed some of my feathers and wiped my mouth then tossed them into the corner. Zander rubbed my back to help comfort me after expelling all of my food.*

"Why are you keeping us in here?"

"To study you after all it isn't everyday you have a dragon who is mated too a human."

"That doesn't mean you can study us...do you know how wrong that is?!"

"How is it wrong if it is for science and benefitting mankind?"

"It is wrong because you are holding fully conscious beings with high intelligence against their will! Not to mention interfering with their personal affairs!"

"As long as you don't do anything then it isn't personal."

*She is seriously pissing me off right now! I took a jump into the air beating  my wings against the walls listening for the voice projecting box. I couldn't find it however in that process I had shifted into my dragon form from pure rage which hurt like hell! I landed with the clatter of talons on metal and straw then curled my body around Zander being careful of him I saw his eyes flash a crimson almost too quick to catch before they went back to forest green now that I was fully mature I was able to smell scents much sharper and it was not only  at how much he smelled like a dragon. However he was indeed a human, but possessed a dragons soul he couldn't shift like I could that much was known,but he could posses dragon traits like I had just seen and smelled. (I wish I could smell things better -_-')
I was slowly shifting back now that I had calm down. Since it was breeding season for every mature dragon my moods were especially quick to change especially when it came to my mate. I remembered something I could communicate with Zander through though  so nobody would know what I am saying and it wouldn't be recorded.*

'So let me guess you have a few questions?'

'Yes,I do. How is I  have a dragon soul?'

'The answer to that I simple since I didn't die my mates soul yours had the option of staying or leaving he chose to stay so he timed my awakening and foretold the future and chose a unborn host for his soul, you. Since you had yet to be born and I to hatch it wasn't like you were dying you simply had a human with a dragon soul.'

'Ok,so can I shift like you can?'

'No,however you posses some dragon features your eyes can shift color and slit like mine your heart,it had the same beat as mine not to mention since you have pure dragon blood flowing through you courtesy of moi you have a dragon like arm which probably  can expand to farther parts of your body and probably has just not noticeably.'

'So what about this matting thing?'

'I myself am not sure and have looked through my database and can't find a thing. So until I figure it out I will just have to make sure when I have a mood change I am not too close to you same applies to you since you have a dragon soul your mood is just as affected as mine is. In a way it is good they put us in here,because I can't take you to my den so nothing would happen no matter our mood.'

*I looked to where I assumed the people were watching us and flashed my eyes a bloody crimson tinted with a yellow pupil. For Zander his eye color was different, his crimson for just the iris didn't mean anger probably pride or lust since he was what would be considered a yin dragon despite his dark scales on his arm he leaned towards the light while I was yang leaning towards the night. Of course it could differ depending on a bunch of other variables than light or darkness.*