Chapter 18 Test of Gravity

(Ok I am writing this at like midnight cause I am a night owl,but I don't know how this chapter is going to turn out...hopefully it isn't a train wreck I am really tired and driven by a single comment:D)

"Hey,Zander you can keep looking at books I am going to go out for flight practice with my new wings and see how I do."

"Ok,just don't hurt yourself or others."

"Pfffff please worry about the others."

*I bolted out the door quickly  my wings swaying lightly as I ran so it appeared I was a ghost. I spread my wings out and even tho my wings were light they were awkward to open considering I am 5'1 and my wings are 8 ft long. I ruffled my feathers a bit trapping air to help give me lift,it helped a little,but not enough. I stiffened my wings seeing if it would help any.What I got in return was the two rows of blade like feathers at the end turning solid instead of frilly. I swung my one wing back and forth and it was like a blade. I tested it out on a tree and it cut through evenly.It went so quickly the tree remained standing,but with a hairline cut it wouldn't move unless a wind pushed it over. I relaxed my body again and suddenly I felt a whooshing movement and I was falling through the earth again. My first instinct open my wings and get altitude. I beat my wings climbing through the earth back to the surface and to the sky. I shot up like a rocket. Now only weighing ten pounds I was going so fast upwards I was going at least eighty thousand miles an hour. This was only going upwards,I don't even want to think of down! I finally leveled out once I was above the ozone layer.I wasn't cold like I was when I ventured up here in only downy and secondary feathers it felt like I had insulation, the colder I was the warner my feathers got the hotter I was the colder they got.  I practiced a few areal stunts and threw in a few new ones. I stiffened my wings and caused them to go stiff. I swung my wing through the air like a sword only in humming bird motion. I had draperies that could paralyze and combined with my wings I was a deadly force. I tucked my wings to my sides again and started to spiral down causing heat to go around my body and light on fire. I was coming down extremely hot then pulled up sharply still partially hot from the quick decent. I went from the ozone layer to the earth in mere seconds. If I could figure out how to control a few of my elemental powers as well as physical strength then I would have some seriousness weapons! I did a few dives then went down in a spiral trying to land. I was coming down really hot I couldn't pull up even if I tried. I closed my eyes and relaxed my body and I felt some friction then a slow stop. When I opened my eyes I was about twenty feet below the earths surface. I used my wing hooks and claws to climb up and out from the earth.  I came out  unharmed I actually made a landing of sorts! I shook my head and stiffened my draperies and hair tying to untangle the wild mess and finally I did. I had more control over my draperies and could stiffen them without releasing the small needles underneath the willow like hair coating on the outside protecting my preciousness defenses. This academy was nice,but this wasn't a place that had the right feel to it. I don't know if it was just the fact I have nothing keeping me here except maybe Zander or perhaps the fact I wasn't laid during this era,but it felt like a cage keeping a canary here. I had flown a certain distance from this place,but then I would always turn back not knowing why something was telling me to leave the other part to stay.*
(How did I even start on this topic of her conflict? I don't even remember *sigh*)

*I started to walk back to Zander and found him asleep at the table with books surrounding him the books were on feathers and a bunch of other stuff. It was now dark out and seeing that Zander had been working so hard for my sake brought my lips up into a smile. I spread my wings out over him like a blanket and took a chair and sat in it and watched his sleeping figure and the archives seeing as I am nocturnal I wouldn't be asleep. Poor Zander was so tired. To think he had been reading books on only feathers for my sake. That made me want to do something for him,but what?*

Me:Ok readers do you have any questions for our characters? Maybe about relations, past conflicts, anything of that sort? Well if you do then type the question in the comment box and we will be doing our first character chat for this book. If you are wonder what it is then you can look at some of my older books. For a sample of it I will get us started to give you an idea of what it is of. Today out special guest Iceis! Well Iceis this is your first time being on this show. So what is it like?

Iceis: .....ok?

Me: Alright then not what I was looking for, but next question. When was the day you were laid since you always bring it up in the book.

Iceis: Sometime in October in the 1600's

Me: ok we are getting somewhere. Finally question for the night. Is it true that female dragons are more possessive over their lifelong partner than the males?

Iceis: Dragons of this generation are spineless beings and could care less about the ancient way of choosing a mate!

Me: Then, you aren't in that catagory?

Iceis: I know how your show works, I read Feral Love you just went over your time limit *Smirk*

Me: Crap!  Turn the cameras off!!! Beeeeeeeeeeepppp!!!!