Part Twenty

Isabelle

When we let go of each other, she smiles at me and goes back to greeting people who arrive. I turn a bit to look at Liam. How could he do this to me? I walk back to the table and sit by it. Lilith and Liam are having a conversation about something, meanwhile Zayn's looking at me. I try to smile at him to ease the tension, but it's just too much. I want to rip off the necklace that he gave me and just throw it away. He doesn't deserve this, he's literally using me... But I bite my tongue. It gets us fame. And heartache to me.

"Isa, are you okay?" Zayn whispers next to my ear. That's when I realise I've zoned out for a moment. He's now sitting next to me. I look at him and nod. What if he knows it too? What if he knows Liam is fucking me over right now? "Then why does it look like you just found out someone died?" he frowns. I look at Liam. My love and friendship died, that's what happened here. Liam looks at me as if he felt my stare.

"I'm okay," I keep my answer the same as it was before. If I really had to just make a scene, why are we still together? Why on earth is he still going on with this? When we were on the roof, why did he tell me he needs me for a few more days? What, is he using me while he can control me? My breath gets lost in my lungs and I quickly get up. I make my way out of this room. I get upstairs. There's no way in hell I'm staying there now and acting like everything is just fine. I get in my closet and literally get the dress off of me as fast as I could. I kick off the heels and change into the black dress that I bought with Lilith. I don't care if Zayn or Liam likes that dress. I'm done being their puppet. I won't ever dress up for a man, I'm not that stupid little girl anymore. I am careful with the necklace though. Even though I feel nothing but hate towards Liam, I can't risk making more money loss to my parents.

I make my way back downstairs. But this time in the black dress and heels. I go over to the champagne table and take a glass. I feel an arm wrap around my waist. I don't even have to guess who that is. It's Liam. He tilts his head to see me better. Now he acts so lovely. He's so confident that I've bowed over to obey him. But no, not anymore. Even if it causes me everything.

"Dear, take a deep breath," he whispers to me, "It's obvious you're angry and I don't know why, but I promise it's not worth it. Your parents are angry as it is, you don't need to provoke them even more," he tells me. Why the hell is he making me turn on my parents? I look him in the eyes. Was this his plan all along? To make me turn on my parents and stay with him, stay his little puppet?

"Fuck off," I whisper back, "Don't talk to me anymore unless it's an explanation of why you're lying right to my face when you see I'm barely holding onto my will to live," I say and shove his arm away from my waist. He frowns, but he doesn't say anything. He dares to even step away and go back to Lilith and Zayn. Though, he tells them something and he comes back to me. Both Zayn and Lilith are looking at us, meanwhile Liam is now literally pushing me out of here. We get to a guest bedroom that was the closest to the ballroom. He sits down on the bed and looks at me.

"I love you, Izzy," is all he tells me, "That is the whole reason me and you are together right now," he admits. I frown and sip my champagne. He runs his hand through his hair. "I know there would never be anything between us because of how it ended before, but I swear, there's nothing more in life that I want. Nothing more than just working it out with you," he looks in my eyes. It's kind of overwhelming, but I just shake my head at him. So it is true. He doesn't need anything. He just literally decided to buy me for a month or so.

"Why can't you just talk? You realise that you made things worse?" I ask him, "Liam, I feel like you've stabbed me in the back with each word you've said ever since we're back together. You lied to me, you ruined my relationship with Zayn and now you're telling me it was all because you were so selfish that you had to literally buy me for a few weeks?" I place the glass on the table and cross my arms. I'm tired, can't he see it? I'm tired of this bullshit. I'm not ever going through with this. Even if it risks all that I have.

"And I'm sorry I did it. I know I fucked up, I knew it exactly the moment when I told you that I hope I'm not the one standing between you and Zayn." he quietly says, "Let me do just one thing for you tonight..." he whispers, "I'll call of the engagement. And I'll break the contract. I just hope you can find it in yourself and forgive me for this," he tells me. I don't really know how to react to this, but I don't really want this to end like this. I want to hurt him as much as he hurt me.

"No, Liam. Finish what you started. Ruin my life. Ruin everything. It's what you've always done. You never cared about what I wanted, it's the same right now too. You didn't think whether I'd agree or not, you just forced it on me as if I was a toy. I don't want to upset your mother. She most definitely doesn't deserve this," I hiss at him, then turn away from him. He doesn't even realise how bad he's hurting me, does he? What a bitch. I trusted him, I gave up my life for him. And he fucked me over.

"I'm sorry, Isabelle! Fuck, why can't you just say okay? Why do you always have to be so difficult? You make the worst out of every possible situation, how am I supposed to cope with it all when all you do is walk around like a ticking bomb? You're ruining everything for yourself by being so selfish!" he shouts at me as he gets up. I look in his eyes. What the hell? I just... Did I hear it right? Did he just say that I'm the one ruining it all?

"Say it to my face again. Just fucking do it!" I dare him out of anger. He stands right in front of me. I know this isn't a good idea. He's stronger than me and unfortunately I can't outsmart him here.

"You, Isabelle Miller, are the fucking worst! You act so innocent when you're really the one breaking my heart! You're the one who's ruining my life! Everything that happens to you is because you make it happen yourself. You make people hate you because it's hard to like someone like you. You're egoistic and self centered that you can't see when anyone else around you is trying to get to your heart!" he says it to my face just like I asked him. So he throws knives to my chest. His next step is to wear me down and defeat me. To make me drop to my knees and beg for forgiveness.

"I'm sorry that I'm such a pain in your ass. I'm sorry that I'm the one who obviously made you BUY me. I'm sorry that you're the one to break up with me both the first and second time. I'm so fucking sorry that I've gotten so defensive because my parents are killing me slowly. I'm sorry that I can't really figure out how to cope with my own emotions when I'm with you. I'm sorry that you even have to see me alive right now," I apologise to him until my voice breaks down, "I'm sorry that I can't be the perfect girl you've always wanted," I whisper as my voice breaks down. He slaps me. Again. Just like it happened before. And somehow it hurts more this time. Even before I look back at him, he pushes me down on the bed. He forces me down. How could he do this to me?