Part Twenty Six

Isabelle

   Both me and Lilith get in the car. She gives me a quick hug. She's ended the call with Zayn as well, so we're both riding in silence. It's peaceful and not weird. I enjoy it. I place my head on her shoulder. For a second she doesn't move, but then she takes my hand in her lap. I don't pay attention to it, I just wonder about what Zayn told her before. That she might not want me around in case I'm getting between their friendship...

   When we're finally there, we both get out of the car and I send Gabriel home. We go up to the door. Lilith's about to knock, but the doors open. If I'm not mistaken, Doniya is the one standing in front of us. She frowns when she eyes me up and down. Okay, scary. Did I do something?

"You really don't have enough drama in your life? What, you're gonna fuck with Zayn and throw accusations of him raping you, too?" she doesn't even greet us. That shocks me. It hurts me, but I get it. There's just no proof given to her, so she believes the first thing she hears.

"I'm a public figure, yada yada. Lots of attention. But why on earth would you think I'm lying about something like that?" I ask her because I genuinely want to know why she'd trust him over me. She giggles and shakes her head. Oh, she's taking this not seriously enough. And it's bad.

"Have you seen yourself? One second you're seducing Zayn, the next one you're back together with Liam. Now you're back to Zayn. Who even wants to trust you?" she scoffs. I mean... Zayn chose to trust me. Lilith chose that. My parents out of everyone.

"I want to and I do. Because I was there when it happened. You weren't there when she couldn't bring herself up from the floor and how scared she was of him!" Lilith defends me. Doniya looks at her with a little bit of shocked expression. I just don't get it.

"I knew you for a person who knew how to separate lies from the truth," she tilts her head, "But were you really there? Like, in the same room? Why didn't you stop it then?" she goes brutal. For a moment there's silence until it clicks in my head. How on earth does she know this?

"I never announced anything about him raping me and there are no official news about why me and Liam broke up... So how do you know it?" I question her. She looks in my eyes. I can see she's coming up with a sassy answer, but she doesn't manage because Zayn appears behind her. It's a literal dagger being thrown at my back.

"She believes Liam because she's into him. And he was here before, he got to say the first word about it," he answers my question, "Now, you two, come in. Doniya, please, fuck off," Zayn mumbles. But she doesn't move.

"She's not coming in until she proves what he did," she crosses her arms and grins at me like she's caught me in a lie. I shake my head at her slowly. "What, you can't prove it?" she pouts. I'm about to take my phone out, but Zayn just pulls me inside. I give her a look as I pass her.

"She doesn't have to prove anything. Just leave her alone," Zayn shouts at her. We all get up to his room. It's actually the first time I'm in his room ever, so I look around. I'm curious. When I'm done adapting to his room, I look at him. He's now in his bed lying face down. Lilith is in a seat that she's probably occupied since whenever they've become friends. She's looking at me. I sit in the bed next to Zayn. He turns his head to me and sighs. "I'm sorry about Doni. She'll understand with time that you're right," he apologises again about her. I shake my head. It's not his fault, he shouldn't be apologising.

"Don't apologise for something you didn't do or couldn't change," I tell him, "And I know. Soon everyone will know. I didn't want to make a drama out of this, but my father said he's not letting him go that easy. He's suing him," I quietly say. He frowns. He lets it sink in. Thinks about it.

"Don't get me wrong, but is it worth it? If you don't have any proof?" Lilith asks, "Okay, that sounds worse than I thought..." she whispers. I look at her. Thankfully I know she didn't mean it in a bad way. Otherwise, she wouldn't talk to me now or even stay with me when it all happened. I just can't decide if I should tell her or not... About the tape.

"That's the thing. I do have proof. And it's going to destroy Liam," I whisper, "All I'm gonna say is that... After it happened for the first time, my parents didn't believe me. They installed cameras in every single bedroom, guest room, playroom and... literally every single room possible," I then lie down next to Zayn. He scoots over and places his head on my chest, so I wrap my arm around him. Lilith jumps out of her seat and hurries over to us.

"Aw, you two! I want to cuddle, too!" Lilith coos. She gets in bed with us and cuddles up to me as well. I close my eyes and smile. They both are so warm, it's making me hot. I play with Zayn's hair and sigh. "I figured why Zayn's so angry," she speaks up after a moment of silence. I frown. Really, why is he? I look at him while thinking of the reasons.

"Lilith, shut up," Zayn groans, "Stop outing me for once!" he mumbles. I place a soft kiss on his forehead. A smile appears on his lips. It's so cute of him, I can't...

"He-"

"Lilith!" Zayn doesn't let her talk. I place my hand on Zayn's mouth and giggle when he looks up at me like I just betrayed him. I did, but I just really want to know. I then look at Lilith curiously.

"Fine, I don't want to wake up buried alive," she laughs, "Though, let me tell you something, Isa... He-" she doesn't get to say it because Zayn sends her a glare and he pulls my hand away. He gets up on his elbows and looks at me.

"She always makes it sound weird, that's why I don't let her speak," he quietly explains. I smile and nod at him. "So, what she's saying it that I really want to ask you out on a date, but like... Whenever you feel like you're cool with it," he asks me out. It takes me a while to understand it, I don't know why. But I nod. I sort out my thoughts and schedule that I might have now.

"How about after the Liam's drama passes?" I ask him, "I mean, not the whole drama, just the lawsuit... thing or whatever," I clear it up. He smiles and nods. Then he looks at Lilith with a mocking grin.

"I told you so. Another point for me, you impatient little shit," he laughs. Lilith just mocks him and then wraps around my arm. I love how casual they are with this. No big overreactions about a simple date.

"Whatever you say, v," she answers. I laugh because he groans again and places his head back on my chest. He stays like that quietly, so I watch him. When he doesn't move like I expect him to, I look at Lilith. She's closed her eyes. They both seem so peaceful even after they just picked on each other. Mostly Lilith picked on Zayn, but it doesn't change the situation. They're both finally content. And I love it for them.