Part Twenty Two

Zayn

She lets me hug her for a moment. That is until someone else comes in. It's her father. He looks angry. He crouches down in front of us. She sits straight and looks at him, I can see fear in her face. He takes her face in both his hands. She's scared, but I can tell that she's not scared of him.

"Did he really do it again?" is all he asks. Did what? He's looking at her while she just cries, not being able to answer. I look at her mother standing in the doorway. She doesn't even look at me, she has a worried look occupied for her daughter. I look back at Isabelle. "Izzy, just tell me. Because if he did, I'm breaking the contract and that man is going to jail," he frowns. She hesitates to answer, but she slowly nods instead. What the hell is happening? He lets go of her and gets up. He stomps away. She breaks down on my shoulder and her mother is just watching this. I wrap an arm around Isa and hold her. I don't even ask her what he did. I don't think I want to know. I just might have an idea of what he did.

"He's going to destroy him," Isa whispers. I frown. I look at her mother. She looks in my eyes and nods at me, then leaves. Did her mother just approve me? I don't get too happy because right now she's in my arms breaking down and it's no time for me to be happy. It does feel somewhat good, of course. I keep holding her while she cries.

Lilith

I smile at Liam and nod. He grins and looks at the exit. Where are they? Why aren't they coming down? It's Zayn, she listens to him. At least I think she does... She would. Last time we talked about him she seemed to have some different kind of affection towards him.

"It's been too long. She's not coming," he says proudly. We made a bet, whoever wins pays the other five bucks. So I have to pay him now. Her parents come in the room. Her father looks pissed, I'm not going to lie. He roams around the room and when he finds us, he makes his way here. He's got some papers in his hands. Liam's grin disappears when he notices. "Well, fuck," he whispers. What? Her father puts the papers down in front of him and places both his hands on the table as he leans against it.

"If you ever go near her, I'll fucking kill you. Do you understand?" her father quietly threatens him. Liam's look at him is cold, but he nods. "From now on your relationship is non-existent and no wedding is happening," he tells him and then looks at me, "I hope you don't mind sitting at a table with someone who raped my daughter. Twice now," he says and with that he gets up. He leaves. Everything seems to freeze. Liam did what? I look him in the eyes. It's fear and shock lingering in his eyes.

"Fucking liar!" Liam whispers and looks at me, "I swear, I didn't rape her!" he defends himself. But I can't do this. I can't believe him. I shake my head. My heart pounds as I frantically try to decide whether to just run away from here or go see her. Be with her when she needs a friend the most.

"We'll see when I ask her," I answer and get up. I quickly make my way up to her room. When I get in her room, I don't see her. But I find her in her walk-in closet with Zayn hugging her. She's crying. "Isa! Sweetie!" I quietly say so she doesn't get scared. I drop on my knees in front of them. She has her eyes closed. She's only in a towel that's already falling off her body. "She needs a blanket or something, she'll freeze like this," I say and carefully get up. I get in her room and find a blanket in her bed already. I take it and bring it to her. I put it on her. Try to wrap it around her. She startles a bit and opens her eyes to look at me. She looks so weak and scared.

"What happened? How... Did I sleep long?" she frowns. I shrug. My eyes fall on Zayn. His look at her is so soft and loving, it scares me. I've never seen him like this before.

"You didn't sleep long. But it'd be nicer if you got to bed, it'll be more comfortable for you. And warmer," Zayn tells her. She nods. He slowly gets up with her. He picks her up. I open the door for him and watch as he places her on the bed. She barely moves.

"Will you stay with me?" I hear her ask, "Both of you," she whispers. Zayn doesn't answer, he just lets her cuddle him. I sit on the end of the bed. Zayn looks at me as if he's questioning what happened. Do I even want to tell him? Does he know? Does he realise what he's doing for her? How much she might trust him after this...

"Your dad put an end to the contract. He told Liam to not show anywhere near you or else he'd kill him," I tell Isabelle. She opens her eyes to look at me. Smiles a bit. "Your dad told me what he did. He said it's already happened before," I whisper. Her smile fades then. I look at Zayn. Wait, he doesn't know for real? He looks way too confused. I look back at Isabelle. She's looking at Zayn. When she looks at me I try to motion for her to ask if he knows or if I can tell him. She nods. So... He knows or I can tell him? I look at Zayn. He's looking at me. I open my mouth to say what I'm talking about, but I stop when I see the look in his eyes as he looks at me.

"Don't say it," he whispers, "I know what he did, just don't say it. Or else I might lose my cool," he says. Only now I realise it's anger in his eyes. I've never really seen him angry. Well, I have, but it was different. He just pulls her closer to him and places his head on hers. Somebody knocks and enters. My eyes widen a bit when I see it's Liam.

"Don't look at me like I've killed your puppy right in front of you," he mumbles, "I just need her to sign. She's supposed to sign, too, when we break a contract while it's not finished," he says as he comes closer. I look at Isa to see her looking at him. He gives her the contract to sign. She takes it and looks at the paper. I look at Liam to see him grinning. I look at her. She's looking at him with tears in her eyes. "Yes, Isabelle. It's either this or we continue our contract. Your choice, my sweetie pie," he comments on it. And he probably didn't wait for it because when she takes the pen and signs, his face drops. She gives it back to him. He takes it with a little hesitation and he even makes sure that she signed it. Then he just nods and leaves. She places a hand on her mouth and watches the door. Tears begin to fall down her cheeks. She gets out of the bed and makes sure to hold her towel and she disappears in the closet again. Only this time she locks it when she goes in. I look at Zayn who looks just as confused. What did she just sign? Was it that bad? Did he find a loophole?