Part Forty Nine

Zayn

"Why?" I question Liam. He shrugs. "She went to see Louis. It doesn't matter if there's someone who I don't like," I reason why I don't mind her going there, "I asked for a little trust from her. Would be pretty toxic to not show her some, too, no?" I add. He nods agreeing to what I just said.

"I could never. Not after I found out she cheated on me with my best friend," he reminds me. I give him a glare. He raises both his eyebrows. "What? Weren't you my best friend?" he asks. I roll my eyes, but now I look at Lilith instead. She looks quite surprised.

"You and Isabelle? You serious?" she whispers. I nod. I get it, she never expected for us to be more than friends before. And we weren't. "So like, was it a one time thing or...?" she asks. She doesn't sound too sure. I grin.

"I'll be honest, I don't even remember the day we had sex. We were too drunk or too high. And we didn't even talk much. It was just one time. I didn't really get to know her until we moved here and... you know," I tell her. She slowly nods processing what she just heard.

"To change the topic, is she friends with Harry now? Like, she used to answer to all he had to say with something sassy, but today... She just smiled at him," Lilith changes the topic. I freeze for a second. I didn't notice, did she? By the look that Lilith is giving me, I know she's not just trying to annoy me or something.

"It doesn't mean they're friends," Liam comments. I look at him now. "Why are you so paranoid about her? It sure doesn't look like you trust her. It's as if you're waiting for her to fuck up," he frowns. I shake my head. "Really?" he raises both his eyebrows, "So what if they were friends. Would you be mad at her?" he asks. I shrug.

"He would because she was digging on information about him and now it would be suspicious," Lilith replies him. I roll my eyes.

"Not necessarily. I trust her," I insist about it, "Anyway, I had a question for you about Isa," I look at Liam, "If she went to-"

"Zayn!" he slaps both his hands on the table. I freeze, confused about what just happened. His eyes are burning mine. "If I understood right, then no. She can't," he whispers now, "She trusted you with it. Keep it," he frowns, then looks at Lilith, "Sorry, this time it's really personal," he tells her. I look at Lilith who is even more confused than me.

"Sorry," I apologise too. She nods. I take a look at Liam, "And thanks," I say. He nods.

   We talk for another hour until Isa calls me. By her voice I can tell she's really out of it. She tells me all sorts of things that don't make sense. She tells me she loves me. She apologises again. And she tells me about our future. At least, I understand it that way.

   I get back in the room where both Liam and Lilith are watching something on the TV. Their eyes turn to me, questioning if everything's alright.

"She was just super drunk. Couldn't even speak, yet she managed to apologise multiple times, say she loves me and talk about future with me," I update them.

"She what?" Liam asks and gets up. I can see him getting ready to go pick her up. "What exactly did she tell you about the future?" he questions. I shrug.

"I barely could figure what she was saying, but what she said clearly was a well needed vacation to Bahamas or something," I answer. He hurries past me. "Liam, where are you going?" I now question him. I exit to the hallway where he's already wearing his shoes.

"She's not only drunk, Zayn... I'm sorry!" he quietly says, "I knew she'd go down the same road when she had her first glasses of alcohol after a month of being clean. Before she went to rehab, last time she was on drugs... She overdosed and that's when she began to talk about future and she said Bahamas is her safe space where she goes when-" he stops as his eyes stop at Lilith who followed us out the room. He then looks in my eyes. "She's overdosing, Zayn," he whispers. I nod.

"Then let me go with you," I insist on going too. He sighs, but then nods. He doesn't really have a choice here.

"I'll start the car. And yes, Lilith, you can come too. But pretend you know nothing of what you just heard when you're with her," he tells us and leaves. We both wear our shoes and she takes her jacket, then we leave. I open the door for her and get in myself in the front. Next to Liam. Time flies fast, we're soon in front of a house even bigger than Isabelle's. "Go find her. She needs you. If she's dosing, get her here, we'll take her to the hospital," Liam tells me. I look at him and nod.

"Thanks," I whisper and get out of the car. Make my way to the house. I get in. I follow the voices first to the kitchen. Louis and a few other guys are here. Louis notices me.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" he asks and jumps off his chair. He comes closer. He doesn't look defensive or anything, just curious.

"Isa called me. Where is she?" I ask him. He frowns. It takes him a second as his expressions change from thinking to realisation, to panic.

"Fuck," he whispers and goes past me. I follow him. We enter another room. She's not here. I continue to follow him. What scares me most is that there are many people doing drugs here and a few of them are... having sex right here. We enter another room. I find Isabelle. "Isa, get up," Louis mumbles as he crouches down next to her. She doesn't budge. I crouch down next to her. Louis shakes her a little. She opens her eyes slowly.

"What?" she groans. Then her eyes find me. "Fuck," she whispers and her head falls back as she closes her eyes.

"Take her home," Louis tells me, so I look at him, "She's not overdosing yet, but if she stays, she won't stop," he explains. I nod. He gets up and leaves. I poke her. She frowns and looks at me. Her eyes are barely open.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry," she whispers to me. I pull her up. She can't even stand. I get her up in bridal style. She's really unresponsive, her head presses against my shoulder and her eyes close. "We could just go to Bahamas," she says, but it's barely audible due to the music playing in the background. I walk to the exit. When I leave the house, I see Liam outside the car. Smoking as he leans against the car. He frowns, but then opens the backseat door. Lilith gets out.

"You should sit with her," she tells me. I nod.

"She's not overdosing, but she's not good either," I tell Liam, "Probably needs just a cold bath," I mumble.

"If you give me an ice bath, I'll castrate you," Isa quietly says making me chuckle. Even Liam grins.

"She'll sleep it off," he nods. I get her in the car and sit next to her. She leans against me. Her eyes closed, she's peacefully just... Sleeping. I wrap an arm around her and hold her close. After all, she called me and not anyone else. She used her safe word on me. Too bad I didn't immediately know it, but I still came... Didn't I? Now I'll know.