Part Twenty Eight

Isabelle

   I close the door and sigh. When I turn around I get startled a bit because the butler is standing right in front of me. I frown when he doesn't just chuckle and leave. He usually does that when this happens. So he's serious today. I raise one of my eyebrows as I'm waiting for him to speak.

"Miss, you do realise who you're hanging out with, right?" he asks me, "That boy with black hair and brown eyes... The Liam's friend?" he explains who he's talking about. My frown immediately disappears and I smile nodding my head. What about it? Don't tell me he's fucking me over now...

"Why's the question? Don't tell me mother and father put you up to this!" I give him a small glare and point my finger at him, but then make my way upstairs, "Tell them to knock it off, it's not going to work," I shout for him to hear. But I do hear his footsteps behind me... Meaning that he's following me. When I'm up the stairs, I turn to face him and frown again. It's really not usual for him to do this.

"Miss, I did this because I recognized him from somewhere and I couldn't quite put my finger on it," he begins to tell me, "I found out he moved here about the same time as you did. Before, he lived in Las Vegas," he looks at me with both eyebrows raised. I tilt my head.

"Well, yes. I knew he must've been from there because he told me he walked in on me and Liam having... You know..." I quietly tell him, "And the party, it was..." I stop because I'm not entirely sure which party it was. I frown, but then quickly shake my head. "It was back in Las Vegas," I say and begin my walk to the bedroom.

"He didn't go by Zayn back then," he tells me, "He went by Rodger. He moved because he got a girl pregnant and his father forced him to tell her..." he stops, so I look at him. Told him what? He looks at his fingers in shame. "To kill the baby. And she did it. But not only she killed the baby, she did suicide, too," he finishes before I could open my mouth and ask what he did. I freeze and I look only at him. He stops as well and takes a look at me. "I'm sorry to break it to you like this, but I thought you should know," he quietly says. I nod at him.

"But like, do you know... Did he feel bad? Zayn... Rodger, whatever that his name is?" I ask questions now. He frowns and takes out his iPad. He shows me a picture and some text under it. Well, it's clearly Zayn in the picture. He doesn't look too happy. He's crying. I then look at the text, but he turns the iPad to himself. I suppose he'll read it for me.

"It says, Rodger is having a breakdown after his hookup kills not only their baby, but herself as well. And the rest is about their relationship, how he had hookups all around and-"

"Enough," I breathe out. He looks up at me and sighs. "Just one more thing... What's his real name?" I ask him. He nods and begins to swipe on his iPad until he finds what he's looking for. Then he turns it to me again. It's a picture of his ID. Zain Javadd Malik. I nod. "So he is Zayn," I whisper in relief. He nods again.

"I'll leave you to it. If you want to, I can send you all this information," he suggests, but I shake my head. I really don't want it because I need to process what I've already heard.

"I've had enough, thank you," I thank him. He nods and leaves. I get in my room and the first thing I see is someone sitting in my bed. Liam. I stay by the door because I don't trust him anymore like I did before. He slowly gets up.

"Hey. I know you didn't sue me and it's all okay, I'll take it. But I really have to talk to you," he speaks up first. I let out a sigh and frown. The butler must know he's here, so I should be safe.

"Can't it wait?" I ask him. He frowns and shakes his head. "Why? Because the police is after you? What, you're hiding now?" I go in the bathroom. Somehow I don't know how to feel or act around him. It confuses me, he confuses me.

"No, the police ain't after me. Not yet. In fact, I'll go there right now to turn myself in. But first I have to tell you something about Zayn," he tells me. I frown. Now, this is suspicious. All of a sudden the butler does this, now Liam... Maybe the butler knew why Liam came here and wanted to be first who tells me this.

"What about him?" I ask. I decide not to tell him about what Vincent just told me. He enters the bathroom as well and stands by the doorframe, meanwhile I stand in front of the sink and look in the mirror. At him. He's watching me closely.

"If you ever find out about his past," he starts off, "Which you ask him because I won't be the one to break the ice..." he mumbles, "Give him a chance. He's changed now and he's a really good guy," he tells me. I turn around to face him. He's really being an asshole right now. If I didn't know already, I'd be nailing him to the wall until he tells me everything.

"That's all you wanted to tell me?" I ask him with both eyebrows raised, "Because I've had enough information about him today, I can't tell you how pissed I am because everyone tells me something different," I bite my lower lip, "I am literally drowning, so you might as well break the ice again. What's your story?" I break. He looks quite shocked.

"You know about Perrie?" he asks, "The girl with the baby..." he slightly squints his eyes. I nod. "What happened?" he questions. He doesn't trust me. Right, he knows I might be bluffing.

"Got pregnant, killed both herself and the baby," I answer without hesitation, "All because Zayn's dad told him to make her do abortion," I add. He breathes out in relief and nods. So it is true. It's not just some internet rumour.

"You don't hate him now, do you?" he asks carefully, "When you two began to hang out and you found out Zayn's my best friend... He kind of recognized you, so he told me that it might be you. After it was hundred percent confirmed, he freaked out that you'd reject him because of our history and that you'd know him from Las Vegas," he explains. I shake my head at him.

"In Las Vegas I was mostly wasted. I had no idea. And he even went by a fake name then," I frown. He nods. I feel a shiver go down my spine because of this weird silence, but I just shrug it off.

"That's what I told him. So here we are. He's still by your side," he chuckles, "Gosh, he hates me now. And I'm lowkey glad he does because it means he really cares about you," he shakes his head slowly, "But okay, I'll get on my way now. Take care and... Give him a chance. He's better than me, that's for sure," he winks at me and straightens his back. I nod. That actually eases up the worry in my heart that I didn't even notice. He isn't lying about it.

"Bye, Liam," I say back. He hesitates a bit, but then he leaves. Only now I realise how fast my heart is pounding and how angry I feel that Zayn didn't tell me this himself. I really thought that he trusts me a tad more.

I turn to the sink and wash my face. I really have to process this and go through everything that I found out and then I have to talk to Zayn. I have to let him know that... That I know.