Part Thirty One

Isabelle

It's quiet for a moment, but then we enter the next class in which Louis is standing next to the teacher. Zayn and Lilith go to their spots, meanwhile I stay in front to talk to Louis. I wait until he's finished with the teacher. When he turns to me, he smiles.

"Hello again. What's up?" he greets me. I smile, but my smile disappears just as fast. "You didn't fuck anything up again, did you?" he drops his shoulders and his smile also fades. I frown and shake my head. Well, he knows me well, I see.

"Why's it always my fault? What the hell?" I am somewhat offended. He shrugs and smiles again. He wraps an arm around my shoulders and leads me out the classroom. "I kind of asked Vinc to dig some dirt on Harry and it's weird," I admit to him. He chuckles. What for? "I just have to ask you one thing... Is it you who tells Harry the little details? Because he knows way too much and somehow he's never on the spot when it all happens," I mention. He doesn't answer for a second. I suppose he's now contemplating what to answer. But I think I already know the answer.

"I do tell him things. It's because we're kind of in a relationship," he admits to me. I look at him with my eyes a bit widened. He nods. "I know, I know. It's not public yet. And I don't think we want to make it public because not many accept same sex relationships," he tells me. I nod. That's a good argument.

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier? I thought you trusted me a tad more!" I frown again. He sighs. "I'm sorry, now I'm just making it sound bad," I apologize, "But I am genuinely worried about you now. Because of his past. Do you know about it at all?" I question him. He nods. That's good. Can't be too careful.

"He told me when we were just getting into our relationship, so it's all good. We went through it and what happened," he explains, "So... That's why I'm telling you this right now..." he whispers, "I like him, I really do... But I'm scared," he looks down at the floor, "If I ever go missing, make sure you find me. Or at least my body," he sounds like he forced it out of himself. I swallow hard. "Fuck, I'm so paranoid, it's stupid," he chuckles and then lets go of me and looks in my eyes. I shake my head at him.

"I promise to do that," I say with a smile because I see Harry coming our way. Louis notices me looking past him, but he doesn't turn. I look in Louis's eyes and lean in to place a kiss on his cheek. A kiss that lasts a second. Just to tease Harry. When I pull away, he smiles.

"Bye, Isa. And thanks, it really means a lot," he thanks me. I nod. Harry stops next to Louis. He acts surprised as he looks at Harry. "Hi. Was just telling her bye, I'm going home for now. Meet after the lessons though?" Louis suggests to meet up with him. Harry looks a bit confused, but he just nods and smiles. "Bye then," he tells him and leaves. I fold my arms over my chest. He looks in my eyes with a frown.

"You didn't tell him?" he asks like Louis doesn't know. And that's when it hits me. They never talked, that's why he's scared. As soon as I realize it, I shake my head. "Why? You had an opportunity, no? You saw us two being friends, why not warn him?" he gets very curious. I shrug. It is suspicious of me to not warn a friend, but I'll find some reasons. I always do.

"You better not hurt him or else you'll be the one dead," I whisper to him, "Because he trusts you enough to not break his heart. And it's very not like him," I explain. He nods. And I think I just revealed what I know about them.

"He told you we're together. Great," he breathes out, "Now you're going to haunt me," he mumbles. I give him a sarcastic laugh before I step closer to him. Good, I have a reason why apparently not to tell Louis anything. To not hurt him.

"Remember who you're talking to. He's my friend and if you dare-"

"I got it!" he interrupts me, "Fuck, I'm not a monster," he whispers and enters the classroom. I follow him inside. For some reason, I don't really believe it. And I'll dig more. I'll find out what he's done. And I'll expose him for it. He's my next target.

The lessons end faster than I thought they would. Right now, I'm going home to change. Zayn said he'll pick me up after an hour. So right now I've got quite some time to get ready. My mind gets busy with Harry's situation. I look though the information that Vincent sent me on him and I try to find anything that would tie it all together. Even when I get home, I quickly make my way upstairs to my bedroom where I change into a sports costume.

I'm deep in my thought when the doors open and I startle. My phone falls down the bed and I try to catch it. As I do so, I fall off the bed as well. Oh my god, this is so embarrassing.

"Hello?" Zayn greets me. I roll on my back and sigh. "What happened? I'm sorry I scared you," he apologizes. I look at him. He's now standing next to me with a hand out for me to take for support. To get me up. I take it. He helps me up.

"Hey," I greet him back and hug him. He wraps his arms around me. "I'm sorry, what time is it?" I ask. He chuckles. "What? I'm late, am I not?" I feel disappointed in myself because I got lost in time while I looked into what Harry is up to. I check my phone to see I've got five minutes until five. That's when he said he'd pick me up.

"You're right on time. And you're even dressed," he comments as he lets me go and checks me out. He's in a black sports costume as well. I smile and nod. "Ready to go? I've got two coffees. I didn't know what you like, so I just took the same that I get myself all the time, sorry," he chuckles. I smile. He takes my hand and pulls me with him to the exit.

"It's alright. I'm sure I'll like it," I say and willingly follow him. When we're downstairs, almost at the door, my mother stops us.

"Isabelle. Zayn," she calls our names, "Or should I say Rodger?" she corrects herself. I quickly turn to her. When I notice Vincent stand beside her my shoulders drop. It was her who asked for him to dig the information up, I know it now. His look at me is apologetic. I look in my mother's eyes.

"Call him Zayn. It'll be easier for all of us," I tell her, "What'd you want?" I ask her. She looks at me confused. She frowns and slightly lowers her chin as she looks at Zayn. Okay, she's going to be nice now. I remind myself that she was just trying to protect me.

"Just wondering where you two are off to," she answers, "After all, I'm just worried about you," she adds. I smile. She looks at me. "What? You make it look like I don't care about you at all," she shrugs. I giggle and nod.

"Mum, I see that you do. You dug up dirt on Zayn," I tell her, "It's all old news," I whisper to her and then step closer to her. She tilts her head a little and smiles at me. Finally. I never thought we'd have normal conversations like these.

"Can't be mad at me for making sure he doesn't do anything bad to you," she tells me, "That's why I didn't want you to go to school. Those people are all dangerous," she sends a glare towards Zayn, so I just step in front of her so that she'd look at me and not him.

"He won't hurt me. If anything, I've hurt him more than he's hurt me, so I'd deserve it," I say. She looks in my eyes and shakes her head. "Yes. That's true. Now, we're going on a date and I'll be home before ten. Like always," I update her, "Bye, love you," I tell her and turn to Zayn. We both make our way out of the house. Our first date... Who knew he'd take me out on dates?