Part Thirty Two

Isabelle

   I get up from the ground and sigh. I look at my hands, all covered in blood. It sends shivers down my body, but I just shake it off. It'll be alright. It's all going to be just fine. And nobody has to know about any of this.

    I look in the mirror. A little bit of makeup will cover up anything that is out of place... And that is my busted lip and eyebrow. And a little bit of my cheek. I grin. The blood has dried up a bit and it looks terrible. I run some water in the bath and close the hole so that the tube fills up. I undress and put the clothes aside so that I could take them straight to the laundry room and into the washing machine as soon as I get out of the bath. Right now I need to just relax.

A few hours before

   My eyes stop at Zayn standing by the door. I shake my head, hoping to hell he doesn't show himself. But my hopes aren't met because he comes in. He looks at me disappointed, so I just look down and sigh. It's not what it looks like, Zayn. It really isn't.

"What the hell? You brought him? You told me he wasn't here!" his ex from Las Vegas gets up and shouts at me, "I told you something so personal, how could you do that to me? I thought you were a normal girl! Turns out you're just a bitch!" she makes her way out of the dining room. My eyes flicker away from him. I look at the tray of fruit.

"You really didn't trust me," he mumbles, "You really had to drag Natalie all the way from Las Vegas just because you had to hear the truth? Didn't I tell you the truth?" he sounds very disappointed in me. And I believe that he should be. But that's not really why I called her. Yes, we did talk about him too, but it really wasn't why I needed her here. I look at him. Fortunately, he's already looking at me, so I just make an eye contact and hold it.

"I trusted you. I do trust you still. Even if your stories are different, I believe you rather than her, okay?" I get up and move closer to him, "But she was here because she knew Louis and Harry. And I needed some information on Harry," I tell him. He frowns. And shakes his head.

"Yeah, right. Information on Harry exactly from my ex," he scoffs, "Isabelle, what the fuck is your problem? Why are you so obsessed with Harry? Why do you care about him all of a sudden?" he questions my motives. I frown at him. "What, you fell in love with him? Because that's the only explanation I have for your sudden interest in his life," he keeps talking. I stop when I'm a step away from him. I try to take his hand, but he pulls it away. "Don't touch me," he frowns, "I thought we could be something, but now... I just can't. Not after of all people that you could choose, you chose my ex. The worst of them all," he steps further away. I shake my head. He can't end this just like that... I step a little closer making him step back.

"Zayn, please! I just can't explain it to you. I would if I could, but I just... Can't," I whisper, "Please, don't do this!" I plead him. He shakes his head. "Fuck, I'm not in love with Harry, he's not even straight," I look away from him, "After I found out about Dean, I just couldn't stop digging, I know it's crazy, but he-"

"Just stop it, Isabelle!" he shouts at me. I look at him shocked. "I'm tired of this bullshit. I really trusted you and I was ready to give you it all, but fuck... You're paranoid and obsessed with something that shouldn't even concern you. Like, at all," he doesn't even try to lower his voice. That brings tears to my eyes. And it reminds me of Liam instantly. It all started like this too. He started by shouting, yelling at me.

"Except, it does, Zayn," I whisper to him, "It's my friend that I'm doing this for. And you know I'd do anything for a friend," I explain why I'm even looking into Harry. But he shakes his head. How can he not understand? I'd do it for him too!

"It's not even for a friend, Isabelle. It's just an obsession. You can't even do it on your own, you get people to dig the information up for you," he frowns, "And yeah, I talked to Liam, he said he never told you anything about me that you didn't already know which means you had someone do it for you before he told you anything," he adds. I sigh.

"I never asked any information about you, Zayn. I was intending to find it out from you, but-"

"Stop with the excuses. When you realize you are actually sick, don't call or text me anymore because I'm done with dating psychos," he stops me before I finish. That brings tears to my eyes. He leaves without any other word. So that only angers me. I want to get rid of Harry. For everything he's done. And because I know he's planning to do it with Louis, too, it's only a matter of time, I believe.

   I get out of the car and head straight to the house. Knock. Nobody answers. So I ring the bell. I hold it. I'll hold as long as it takes for Harry to answer. And just like I thought, it takes him pretty fast. He opens the door and frowns at me.

"What the hell, Isabelle? It's one am! My family is sleeping!" he whisper-yells at me and pushes my hand away from the bell. I tilt my head. Right now I've got nothing to lose.

"Oh, the family that covers up all your murders?" I don't bother to be quiet, "How on earth can they sleep when they know they're in the same house with a serial killer?" I step closer and push him. He takes both my hands and pulls me inside. Closes the door.

"What, you want to make a scene?" he hisses at me, "I don't need any fake news going around. What's your problem?" he asks me. I frown and slap him. How could he just say that to my face?

"Don't you dare lie to me! I know what-" he stops me from shouting by placing his hand on my mouth and holding my hands pinned above my head. I try to squirm to get out of his grip, but he just tightens it. In the darkness I can't really point out his features, but I at least see where his head is.

"Shut the fuck up. Get over yourself," he whispers to me. I frown. Get over myself? "You're really out of your mind at this point, I'm surprised your family hasn't sent you to a psychiatric hospital," he comments. That makes me fight back. Once I get my hands out of his grip, I begin to fight him. He tries to stop me, but it's just making it easier for me to hit him.

   One moment I'm fighting him, but the next someone else is punching me. At first I don't see who. It's too dark. But when I hit back, she steps back and a girl reveals in a moonlight. His sister. I am stopped by Harry now. He mumbles quiet swear words as he tries to hold me. I wipe my lip which is now busted so much that it heavily drips down. Her face is full of shock when she sees who I am. But so am I, just as shocked. I never realized Gemma is his sister. She, who was once one of my best friends. I've missed her... But now? I'd let her burn in flames.