Part Fifty

Isabelle

   My head spins when I wake up. I have no clue where I am or whose arms are around me, but I feel so powerless. And I feel like a bitch. I can't even move to see who I'm sleeping with. That hurts me deep inside because I know at this point I've cheated on Zayn and when he finds out, he'll break up with me. God give me strength to first get up and call him. I slowly get up. I sit with my legs off the bed. My body feels so weak.

"Good morning, princess," a voice greets me. Tears well up in my eyes. And not because it's someone who I don't know. It's because the voice is Zayn's. How'd I end up in a bed with him? And we're not even in my house or his... "Need help with something?" he asks when I don't answer. I slowly shake my head. I close my eyes while I try to get my body to work. At least just enough to answer.

   He gets up, but I'm still sitting. He goes around the bed and crouches in front of me, so I open my eyes. I look at him. I'm angry at myself. I fucked up again. I'm just lucky I ended up with him next to me.

"Can you move at least?" he asks. At this point I can't even move my head to say no. He makes me get back in bed, only now he puts me in a sitting position. "I'll get you some water. Do you need any painkillers?" he questions. I slowly blink.

"No," I finally get my shit together. I can see a smile forming on his lips. Why is he smiling? What happened? What did I do tonight? He gets up, leaves. I take a deep breath and sigh. And now I wait.

   Zayn comes back with Liam by his side and a glass with water in his hand. Shit. Liam. We're in his house which means he saw in what shape I got here.

"Welcome back, doser," Liam doesn't sound too happy, "Now, what do we do with you? I'm sure you don't want to go back to rehab, right?" he asks in a threatening voice and it stings. Zayn sits next to me and helps me have a drink. I now hold the glass with my own hands. He only has to help me hold it up. When I've had enough, I push the glass away. He puts it aside. I look at Liam. "This time it's a warning. Next time I'm telling Violet," he frowns, "Be grateful that you called on time. One more pill and you'd be overdosing. Fucking Bahamas, I hate that place," he angrily says before he stomps away. Now I'm too embarrassed to look at Zayn, so I look down at my hands as I begin to fiddle with my fingers.

"Hey, look at me," Zayn whispers. I don't. That's why he lifts up my chin with his fingers. I look in his eyes. He doesn't look at me like he's angry or disappointed in me which confuses me. "Why'd you break?" he asks still in a whisper. I frown.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask him. He gets in the bed next to me and wraps his arm around me. I lean against him. My body slowly begins to ache.

"You were okay. When you drank alcohol. What happened when you took more and more pills? Why couldn't you stop?" he questions. I think about it. "Also, what's in Bahamas?" he whispers. I sigh. I feel myself burning up and beginning to shake a little. It brings tears to my eyes.

"I don't know. I don't know, I'm sorry!" I whisper and curl up to him. He hugs me tightly and doesn't let go. "Did I tell you about Bahamas?" I ask. He presses a kiss on my forehead. For a second he stops.

"You're burning up, are you okay?" he doesn't answer my question, "Wait, are you having..." he pulls away from me to look in my eyes.

"Bahamas... It's where I went when... When I felt scared and lost. And... And that's where I overdosed. That's where I almost died," I say. My voice is shaky and I can't even look at him. "I felt so safe there. There was no one there and I'm alive only because the housekeeper forgot her documents at the place I was staying," I slowly try to explain. The doors open once again and I see Liam come back with something in his hand. He comes to me and doesn't ask any questions, he does everything on his own. Opens my mouth, places a pill in my mouth and makes me drink the last of the water that Zayn brought. Right now it feels so forced, so wrong... But I know I'll be thanking him later.

"No more drugs, Isabelle," he says before he leaves again. Only now I notice the tears running down my cheeks. I slide lower into the bed and turn so that my back would face Zayn. I don't want him to see me cry.

"Don't hide, sweetheart. Liam's just worried about you," he whispers, but he doesn't try to make me face him. He just gets in the same position as me and pulls me in him.

"So what... You're not?" I suddenly get angry which makes him chuckle. Why is he so calm? How can he just laugh like that?

"I am worried about you. I just don't think it would help you if I really showed you how angry I am," he answers next to my ear. It sends shivers down my spine, but then again it soothes me. "Would it, though?" he asks. I hug his arm and press his knuckles against my lips and I leave a kiss.

"No," I whisper, "Thank you, my love," I thank him. I can feel his breath on my neck and I never want him to move. He gives me a kiss under my ear and then on my temple.

"I notice your reactions, babes. You react worse towards anger, so I believe giving you some love and affection is a better way to get our way through tough situations. It's like you're a hopeless romantic and your ice walls melt when you're showered in love," he chuckles in the end, "Now, tell me. Isn't that right?" he questions making me smile. I turn to face him. He's keeping his balance by holding his head with his hand, elbow buried in the sheets. And honestly, with what he just told me... he stole my heart right here and now.

"I love you," I whisper to him, "Damn, it took me so long to find you... When you were right beside me the whole time," I cup his cheek with one hand, "We just had to meet again. In different place and different time," I suddenly feel so calm with him. And I'm glad we got to meet again.