Part Forty Two

Isabelle

The silence is making me nervous. My leg starts to shake, but I cross my legs to stop it from showing. After another torturing minute I hear them come. I get up and turn around. The sight of Liam doesn't really make me feel less nervous because well... We're in prison.

"Hello, Isabelle," he greets me. His hands are free, that's what surprises me. He's also not alone. "Why'd you come? Wanted to see me suffer? Or in handcuffs?" he grins. I frown and nod in spite. Actually, it would've fed my ego, but oh well.

"Exactly that. For what you did," I answer. He rolls his eyes. He knows it's not the reason. "I came to see how you're doing. Because you were an asshole as a boyfriend, but as a friend... Not so much. So if you want to get cocky now, I can leave," I say. He shakes his head. Then checks me out.

"Lucky or unlucky for you, they're letting me out next week because, well... Money and reputation. People are turning away from you and some tell tales fly around that you're provoking everyone," he says and sits down by the table that I just sat at. The guys with him also do that. I guess I won't be alone with Liam today. I fold my arms over my chest.

"Possibly. I might've angered Harry a bit and accidentally Zayn's father," I answer. Somehow with him I feel safe and comfortable while talking about these things. Maybe because I believe he'd be on my side. No matter what. He's always been on my side, so I suppose that's why.

"The worst of them all. I don't get it, why?" he asks me as he leans onto the table. I shrug, but then think about it. It wasn't really my fault to begin with. I never dug up on him directly, I just wanted to know what happened to Perrie.

"Well, because someone who is my ex apparently gave me trust issues and I got so insecure that I just had to find out about my current boyfriend's ex which lead to finding out something unnecessary. About Harry, I had to because he started outing Zayn about Las Vegas and then I found out Louis and him are rather close. I care about Louis," I explain. He chuckles.

"Fine. Reasonable enough. When I get out, I'll take care of Harry, but I can't help you with Zayn's father," he tilts his head, "Does that work for you?" he asks to make sure. I nod.

"I didn't come to ask for your help, Liam," I remind him. He nods.

"Of course, Isa. I'm doing it only because you're losing again. Against me. And I don't really deserve it. You had proof this time and yet everyone still sides with me," he answers, "You deserve some help," he sighs. I nod and look around at his prison mates. They're all looking at me. "They're always around me to make sure I don't rape my visitors," Liam grins. I raise both my eyebrows.

"In that case, thanks. First time I've felt safe around prisoners," I say and actually mean it. They all look as if they soften up. Some even smile. I look at Liam. "Are you doing okay?" I question. He nods.

"You should go, Isa. It's not good for your rep. People see you come visit me, they're going to start talking," he tells me making me feel somewhat disappointed. But I get it. I nod once again. "Thanks for coming though. I'll see you next week," he smiles. I smile back.

"Bye," I say my goodbyes to others, too, then I leave. When I'm out of the prison territory, I feel so much more relieved. Liam will take care of Harry, that's a lot. I get in the car. Don't even look at Gabriel. "Take me home," I tell him. He begins to drive. I just watch the prison as we get further away from it. I watch the city go by. Somehow, it makes me want to get away from here. But I won't.

When we get home, I just go to the living room where I open netflix on the big TV screen. Since I've watched the last series and I don't know what to watch next, I choose the option random. When it suggests me some series, I press watch and get comfortable even if these pants that I'm wearing are a literal hell.

I'm not even five minutes in when I hear a knock. I sigh when I don't hear Vincent go to the door. Interesting, where is he? I haven't seen him today at all. I pause the series and get up. I walk over to the door and open them. When Zayn's father appears in front of me, I smile to hide the fact that I am scared to death now.

"Hello. Zayn's not here if you're looking for him. May I help you with something?" I ask. He now looks suspicious of me. He doesn't answer or greet me right away. I open the door and motion for him to come in which he does. If something happens, the cameras will show it. When I close the door, he pushes me against the wall by my neck. Fuck. I try to gasp for air.

"You know too much, little lady. You shouldn't have dug up information on me!" he growls at me. I am about to answer, but I receive a punch. Oh, come on! I fall on the floor, but he pulls me back up by my hair. I clench my teeth trying to not scream. He hits my stomach. It weakens me even more.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I get it out through pain. My jaw hurts and I bet it's going to hurt for quite a while. I can't stop the tears running down my cheeks. He frowns. "I dug up information about Zayn when I didn't really trust him. All I know is that you forced Zayn to make her do abortion and that's why she did suicide. Now, I'm sorry if that's a reason for you to assault me, but I-" he stops me by punching me again. And it stings. I hit the wall so I slide down the wall on the floor. Damn it. I feel blood in my mouth. Disgusting.

"Don't you dare do it ever again!" he threatens, "And if you open your mouth to anybody about this, you're dead," he growls before he leaves. Shit. This isn't good. It's bad. I slowly try to get up. My arms are shaky and weak. When I get up, I make my way to my room. I'm almost at the sink when I pass out. I don't know if it's because of the pain of because of the damage he did. But all I faintly see is how I fall down on my knees and then collapse right next to the bathtub. It's scary. And it's quiet.