Part 5

A week later, Y/N left Loki a note to meet her in the treasure room. Over the past week, Y/N has been to a ton of royal meetings regarding the Thor's coronation, Thor and Y/N's future wedding, and the announcement of their betrothing. Y/N has been wanting to talk to Loki ever since she was betrothed to his brother. There is so much she wants to say but doesn't know where to start. How do you tell the man you love that you still love him but you have to marry his brother?

Loki has been loosing it. He has been forced to accept the fact that Y/N will be marrying Thor. All he feels is rage. His heart is broken. Getting Y/N's note to meet just made him even more enraged. It took her a week to reach out to him. He's tried so many times to try to talk to her in the last week. She barely has made eye contact with him. Everything is off. This isn't the Y/N he knows and loves. But of course he went to the treasure room to meet her. Loki got there first. Eventually Y/N showed up.

Y/N: Loki, I'm so sorry. I.. I.. I didn't have a choice.

Loki: That's all you have to say. Do you know how much this whole week hurt me? You won't even look at me Y/N. You told me you loved me. Do you even love me?

Y/N: Loki.

Loki: TELL ME!

Y/N: You know I love you. You're acting like I wanted this to happen Loki. I wanted to tell you right away but I couldn't. I want to be with you.

Loki: If you really wanted to be with me, you wouldn't be planning a wedding with my brother Y/N. You would find a way to be with me. I love you but that doesn't seem to matter to you. You have broken my heart.

Y/N: It would be treason to go against the All-Father. You know this. I didn't mean for any of this. I didn't want to break your heart. My heart is shattered into pieces. You're the one I want. But I can't be with you anymore.

Loki: so that's it then? I thought you would want to fix this. I can't believe you.

Y/N doesn't know what to do. She's never seen Loki like this before. Their relationship was always perfect. They never fought. They were always happy when they were together. Loki is crying and yelling. Y/N would love nothing more than to continue their relationship. It is impossible to do so though.

Loki: Thor will never love you the way I do.

Y/N wishes she was betrothed to Loki but Thor is the one she is paired with. She's trying to get to know Thor but its hard when her heart isn't in the right place. Thor just isn't what she wants. Y/N has a feeling she'll be unhappy for the rest of her life. She's trying to be optimistic though, it's only been a week. Y/N is trying to remember that this is for the good of Asgard, not for the good of her.

Loki: I was going to talk to Odin. But You told me not to. Things could have been different for us. We could have been planning a wedding. Planning Our future.

Y/N: I know. I will live everyday with regret and guilt. We may not be allowed to be together or marry but just know you will always be in my heart; The only man I will ever truly love. Remember I would be with you if I could. And if I can't look at you, it's because it's too hard for me. Goodbye Loki.

Y/N walks out of the treasure room. As soon as she walks out, she starts crying. Loki falls to the floor and just starts loosing it. Their relationship was officially done. They both knew when the announcement of the betrothing happened that their relationship could not continue but they needed the official talk. Loki and Y/N love each other. They have a forbidden love that is so strong that it has created extreme tension between Loki and his family as well as this barrier between Thor and Y/N.