Part 29

The next day, Thor goes to find Y/N to talk to her about his visit with Loki. He has made his decision about Loki and he wanted Y/N to hear his decision right away. Y/N is fulfilling one of her queen duties in one of the many rooms in the castle when Thor walks in.

Thor: Hey, sorry for interrupting. Can I talk to you real fast?

Y/N: Of course. Is everything okay?

Thor: Yes, everything's okay, don't worry. I just wanted to let you know I made a decision about Loki. I went to go see him yesterday. We had a very long conversation.

Y/N: Oh no. Did it not go well?

Thor: The opposite actually. One of the best conversations I've ever had with my Brother. I'm going to allow you to take him out of the dungeon.

Y/N: Why do I feel like there is a but coming after that sentence?

Thor: Because there is a but coming.

Y/N: oh. Alright. What is then?

Thor: But there are going to be rules that he needs to abide by. It's for the safety of our people, for Asgard.

Y/N: What do you have in mind for him? Do you really think he's going to hurt someone?

Thor: Y/N, we can't take any chances. It won't be forever. This is a trial run for him.

Y/N: I understand. I will make sure the rules are followed. I promise. I appreciate you giving him a chance to get out of his cell. This truly means a lot to me.

Thor: I want you two to be happy. But He is going to need to wear chains to prevent him from using his magic for some time.

Y/N: Understood.

Thor: If he isn't in his quarters, he must have guards near him at all times. The guards will be notified. I will allow the guards to keep some distance, if you are near.

Y/N: Thank you.

Thor: And for our children's sake for right now, I would appreciate you not bring Loki into their life. I think we should talk about that eventually.

Y/N: He's their uncle.

Thor: Yes but you're also in love with him. We just told them we are separating. You know they are still dealing with that news. I don't think they'd react well if they found out.

Y/N: You're right. I agree. I understand. I don't know what I was thinking.

Guard: My King. My Queen. An urgent message from Heimdall.

Thor: Did something happen?

Guard: The dark elves have returned. They are on Midgard. A few scientists you have met through the years, have discovered the dark elves as well. He thought you would want to know. You know how dangerous they are.

Thor: Are the people on Earth okay?

Y/N: Thor. Go. Midgard needs you. I'll take care of everything here.

Guard: For now, the people of Midgard are okay.

Thor: Thank you for letting me know. I will leave for Earth at once. The Queen will be in charge of everything until I return.

Y/N and Thor watch the guards leave the room. Thor must go to earth immediately. Thor made sure to tell his children he was leaving, talk to the guards before he left, and prepares himself for the departure to earth. After making sure everything was in order, Thor goes to the Bifrost.

Y/N walks Thor to the Bifrost to finish their conversation before he leaves. They needed to finish the conversation about Loki. Thor tells Y/N she can let Loki out of his cell whenever she pleases. Y/N is very appreciative and grateful that Thor came to this decision. She can't wait to let Loki know and finally get him out of the dungeon. Y/N knows Loki most likely won't like Thor's rules but, if he wants to stay out of the cell and be with her, he needs to follow them .

She hopes everything goes well on Earth for Thor. This is the first time she will be in charge of Asgard completely by herself. Every other time Thor left Asgard, Odin was always here to help Y/N. Now that Odin's off world, there's a lot to take care of here. She's taking on all the roles.