Chapter 9

Y/N was finally about to talk to Raihan after all these years. She tried to play it cool, but couldn't hide how she felt.

He was the type of guy who made you nervous just by looking your way, especially when you called you 'princess'.

After he said hello to her, she immediately started to blush even more. The room was dark, so she hoped he couldn't tell.

"Hi Raihan." Y/N said, smiling as she looked up at him. She was tall for a girl, but the height difference did not compare.

"How've you been? It's been a while." he said.

She guessed he did remember her? Or maybe Leon told him? She honestly didn't even care, he knew who she was now and that's all that mattered.

"I've been good, it's nice to see you again."

"Mm, likewise." he said as he winked at her.

"Okaaay, well hello there. I'm Piers. You must be Y/N." The man standing next to Raihan said.

Y/N recognized him from the opening ceremony, he was one of the other gym leaders.

"Oh hi, um yes, I am Y/N. It's nice to meet you Piers." she said giggling as she shook his hand. Raihan and Piers thought it was adorable.

"Can I get you a drink?" Raihan asked.

"Um sure, you can get me, uh... something sweet?" she said, almost questioning if that was the right thing to say.

"Have you ever drank before Princess?"

"Haha, well.. would you judge me if I said no?"

"Not at all. I'm pretty good with first timers, I'll get you something you'll like." Raihan said as he winked at her and ordered her a drink. Piers only rolled his eyes.

"So, endorsed by the champion eh? What'd you have to do to pull that off?" Piers asked, as Raihan gave him a side eye.

"Well, I've known Leon and Hop for a while and Hop is my best friend, so it wasn't too hard to convince him to endorse us."

"Yeah, I'm sure you can be real convincing." Piers said as he smirked.

"Okay princess, tell me how you like this." Raihan said as he handed her a drink.

Y/N took a sip and it was delicious, she was glad she asked him to order for her. As she was saying thank you, two trainers walked up to them. It was Hop and the girl from their table.

"Y/N! This is Marnie! She's super cool, you'll love her!" Hop said as he introduced the two girls.

"Hi Marnie, it's very nice to meet you." Y/N said as she offered a welcoming smile.

"It's nice to meet you too Y/N." The girl said quietly.

Y/N could tell she meant well, she was just a little shy. If Hop liked her, than so would she.

"Believe it or not, Marnie is actually my little sister." Piers said to them.

"Oh wow, how cool!" Hop said to her as she smiled up at him. "Hey, it's nice to see you again Raihan."

"Nice to see you buddy! What do you guys want to drink?" Raihan asked.

"I'll have whatever Y/N is having." Hop said.

"Me too.." Marnie added.

"Coming right up."

They all hung out around the bar and talked for quite a bit. At some point, one of the other gym leaders, Gordie, came up to introduce himself, then carried on a conversation with Raihan and Piers.