Chapter 16

Once Y/N felt Barry's lips on hers, she pulled back. She was shocked that he kissed her, and didn't know why he would think it was okay for him to do.

"Barry, what are you doing?" she asked him.

"I-I don't know N/N, I'm sorry..." he apologized. "I've missed you so much, and I thought it felt right."

"Barry, you know I don't feel that way for you anymore, right?"

"I thought that maybe there was something still there between us."

She had felt it too, she just didn't want to admit it. It honestly could have just been old feelings coming up, not to mention the lack of her never getting closure back then. But she knew it wasn't real, what she felt for Leon and Raihan was different than the love she thought she once had for Barry.

"I am always going to care for you, Bar. Always. But I don't have feelings for you anymore, and don't know if I could ever get back there. You really, really hurt me." she sighed, as her eyes started to water.

Y/N had never talked to Barry about how he broke her heart. She never got a chance to tell him how much it truly hurt her. So she knew she had to get everything off her chest and not have any regrets.

"I'm sorry Y/N, I don't really know what else to say."

"Okay, Barry."

"I really liked you back then, but I would only see you for a month or so in the summer. Then I met Dawn and well, things just got complicated." he sighed.

"That doesn't mean you had to lead me on. Things were perfect when I would come visit, and then one summer you just acted like I didn't exist, and blew me off for her. I never heard from you after that."

"I didn't blow you off, you would come with us anytime we went to a new city or to face a gym leader."

"Towards the end, I wouldn't even go with you guys... You didn't even notice I wasn't there."

"I... I don't remember that. That really happened?"

"Yeah, it did." she looked away.

"Why don't you think about coming back home with us to Sinnoh? You know you always have a place to stay there with us." Barry offered.

"Barry... Galar is my home now. My friends and my mother are here, I can't just move back to Sinnoh."

"Yeah, and Leon and Raihan are here." he scoffed.

"I... It's just not our time anymore." she didn't know what else she could say.

"I guess you're right." Barry grabbed her hand. "I'm sorry Y/N, for everything."

She gave him a soft smile, "Thank you for saying that, Bar."

"I'm gonna head back to my room, but I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'll see you then."

They both got up and headed towards the door. As Barry put his hand on the door knob, he turned around and gave Y/N a hug. She hugged him, and held back her tears. She finally felt like she could put this behind her, and move on.

She had missed her friends, and was glad they came to see her. It had been too long. Once Barry pulled back, he noticed a tear on Y/N's cheek, and wiped it away.

They both laughed, and he leaned in one last time to kiss her. This time, she kissed him back. It was sweet and gentle, and she knew it was the end of their chapter.

He pulled her in tight, and started to kiss her with passion, and she gave in for a bit before pulling back, and rested her forehead against his.

"I'm sorry Y/N, I just can't help myself around you..." he groaned.