More than an assistant

You are woken by the beeping of your alarm. Ugh, it was 4 am. You had to be showered, dressed and go to your client's house by 5 30.
You were a personal assistant for Gwendoline Christie and it was a fun job.
Gwendoline was a kind-hearted person, always in a good mood, always there to comfort you if you were upset and treated you like a friend more than an assistant.
You showered quickly and chose your outfit. A white knitted jumper and a black leather skirt. Along with black tights and knee-high boots.
You grab your phone and head downstairs.
You grab a protein bar and made a smoothie. After you drank the smoothie, you packed your bag.
Laptop, power bank, charger, snacks, diary, pencil case, headphones and a water bottle.
You put that all in your handbag and grabbed your keys. You hop into your car and drive to Gwendoline's.
You arrive and knock on the door. She answers the door, already dressed and ready to go.
You went and sat in the kitchen and discussed plans for the day.
"So Gwendoline, you have a meeting with your team at 8, a photo shoot 11-4 and the Golden Globes at 7."
"Ok sounds good. Can I send you to grab my outfit for tonight, during the meeting, it's at the dry cleaners."
"Yeah of course Gwen. Anything else?"
"Oh um can you organise my travel plans for my next red carpet in the UK?"
"Yeah, that's mostly done anyway."
"You are a machine y/n, when do get a break?" She laughs.
"1-4am most days, when I sleep," you laugh.
"Y/N!!!! 3 hours a day is not alright. You need to have a break!" She exclaimed
"But I have stuff to do!" You argue back.
"No it's not alright. What do I have planned tomorrow?" She asks
"An call with Tim Burton, to discuss Wednesday at 8 again. Also you are meeting with Jenna for lunch," you say
"Cancel Lunch, Jenna will understand. Arrive here at 10 tomorrow. We will spend the day having fun and relaxing."
"But what about the stuff I have to do?!?"
"It can wait a day Y/N, you are more important."
You blush when she says that.
"Oh and also y/n, come to the Golden Globes with me tonight! It will be fun!"
"But I'm not invited?"
"Well I have a plus one and I was gonna ask you but you've been so busy!"
"Ok I will but I have nothing suitable to wear!"
"Take my card and during my shoot, go shopping for shoes, a dress, get your makeup and hair done, I don't mind!" She shrugs and smiles at you.
"I can't let you pay Gwendoline, that's not fair."
" I am and you have no choice!"
You don't dare argue. You stare deeply into her eyes for a couple of minutes before shaking yourself out the trance.

"So do you want breakfast?" You ask getting up
"No y/n, let's sit and watch TV for a bit!"
She says indicating for you to come with her.
You sit on the sofa and grab your laptop out to finish her travel plans. She shuts the laptop and puts it to one side. Clearly she wasn't going to let you do much work today.
"Gwendoline, you don't pay me to watch tv!"
"I pay you to do what I need you to do and you need to rest."
She wraps her arm around you and pulls you closer.
You got butterflies. To be honest, you'd always had a crush on her but never acted on it. She was your boss!
You stay close to her, her arm still around you.
You dare lay your head on her shoulder but she doesn't say anything.
Soon it was 7:50 and you and Gwendoline went to set up the meeting and you left to go get her dress.
You drive to the dry cleaners and get the dress. You drive back and when you get in, she is still on the meeting.
You hang up the dress and go get your laptop. You sit opposite her and finish her travel plans.
You grab your phone and text Jenna.

You: Hey Jenna, I'm sorry, Gwendoline is cancelling lunch.

Jenna: That's alright. Do you know why?

You: She's annoyed at me because the only time I take off is the 3 hours I sleep a day so she's making me take the day off and she's taking me out.

Jenna: You deserve a nice break. Have a good time!

By this time the meeting was finished and she smiles at you.
"Did you get my dress?"
"Yeah it's upstairs. Gwendoline we better get going, you need to be at your shoot soon!" You say packing away your laptop.
"Ok let's go and you aren't driving. I'm paying an uber to take you everywhere today." She says going to order one.
The uber arrived and you both got in. Gwendoline rested her hand on your leg which made you blush.
She grabbed her wallet and pulled out a card.
"Here you go y/n, go buy your stuff. And if I don't see any charges layer, I'm not going to be happy," and she giggled.
You take the card and slip it into your phone.
The uber pulls up at the shoot and Gwendoline gets out.
The driver carried on and you arrived at the mall.
You thank him and start wandering around looking for an appropriate shop.
You find one and walk in.
"Hello Ma'am, what are you looking for?" The sales assistant asks.
"Yes, a dress for the Golden Globes?"
"Honey why did you leave this so late, they are  tonight."
"Well I was only invited this morning by my boss, Gwendoline Christie!"
"Gwendoline Christie invited you!? Why didn't you say, I love her!" She exclaimed
She looks around the shop and found a dress which you fell in love with. It was a silver fishtail dress and was coverd in glitter. It was simple but gorgeous. You go to pay and it was $700. You wince knowing Gwendoline was paying but obeyed her and used her card.
You go into jimmy choo and look for a pair of shoes. You find some gorgeous silver heels that match perfectly and ask for them. Again, you wince at the price $895.
You get an uber over to the local beauty parlour. Luckily the were quiet, so the gave you a manicure and a pedicure. They did your hair aswell. They curled it and put it in a low bun they style your the front to frame your face. You look in the mirror and feel beautiful for once. By this time it was 3pm so get an uber back to the shoot. You go inside and watch Gwendoline pose. She looked like a Goddess.
You stand there in awe until they finish and she spots you.
"Hey y/n, your hair is gorgeous! Did you pay for everything with my card and how much did you spend?"
"$2845. I'm so sorry but I also bought a new pair of earrings and a necklace for tonight! I'll pay you back."
"No honey, I'm happy. You treated yourself today. You needed a break. And I'll get my makeup artist to do yours aswell."
You blush. She was so kind and that's what was probably fuelling your crush.
You get an uber back to her house.

Gwendoline's hair stylist starts on her hair so her makeup artist can get to you first.
You both get ready and put on your dresses.
You add the earrings and necklace and walk downstairs.
Gwendoline gasps when she sees you.
"Oh y/n you look gorgeous honey!" She says.
"Like you don't look like a Goddess!" You roll your eyes.
She plants a kiss on your cheek that makes you blush. She giggles.

You see the limo pull up inside and you get the door for Gwendoline.
"Such a gentlewoman," she giggles getting in.
You shake your head and climb in next to her.
As you drive, she grabs your hand. You felt safe with her.

You arrived and someone opened Gwendoline's door. You get out the other side and you are greeted with flashing cameras. Gwendoline walks in and you follow. She grabs your fingertips and you smile.
She's pulled away for an interview and you spot Christina Ricci. You walk over to her and she hugs you. She was your first client. You were her assistant for 5 years.
"Hey y/n, what are you doing here?" She says smiling
"Gwendoline bought me here, says I've been 'working to much'," you airquote.
"Well you look gorgeous tonight!"
"So do you Christina, I'll seenyou later," and you go to find Gwendoline.

~skip to awards ceremony ~

"And the winner is...... Gwendoline Christie everyone."
She gasps and you hug her before  she gets up to accept the award.

"I just want to thank everyone for a moment. I couldn't have done this without my fans, family and friends. You all mean the world to me.
Thank you so much for the nomination, this role was one of the most amazing experiences I've had on a set. I loved the cast, crew and producers. There's one last person I'd like to thank and that's my assistant, y/n. I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for her. She works round the clock to make sure I have auditions, making sure I turn up places, organising outfits and stylists. Making travel plans. Organising appearances. She's here tonight after finally taking a break. She's the one person who I can rely on. Thank you
Y/N."
You felt tears rolling down your face at the end of the speech. You never knew what you meant to Gwendoline. You clap as she makes her way back next to you.
"So I'm not just your assistant?"
"No you are more than an assistant to me. I love you Y/N."
And then she kisses you.

1684 words
This is so long but I just got really carried away. This is so cute and I will definitely do a part 2🫶❤️🫶❤️