Fancy some karaoke?

Your friends had thrown you a 30th birthday party and had gone all out. They decorated my house gotten karaoke machines, a full buffet and lots of drinks.
You had no clue about this until your friends appeared. You looked around seeing lots of your acting friends, childhood friends and some of your cousins. Suddenly you spot an unforgettable face, Gwendoline. That 6ft3 blonde woman hadn't forgotten you. Even after 15 years.

You start dancing and drinking, having fun. You play a couple of games like truth or dare and spin the bottle.
Everyone then decides to do karaoke.
You're pushed up first as it's your birthday and your friends randomly draw your partner's name out of a hat. Shit. Gwendoline.

Then they randomly, Mamma mia by ABBA. You loved ABBA and didn't care at this point, you were drunk.

They all start cheering during the instrumental. This was one hell of a night.

Y: I've been cheated by you since I don't know when

G: so I've made up my mind it must come to an end

Y: look at me know, will I ever learn? I don't know how but I suddenly lose control there's a fire within my soul

G:Just one look and I can hear a bell ring, one more look and I forget everything

Y: Mamma mia, here I go again, my my how can I resist ya

As you drunkenly sing, you see tears well up in Gwendoline's eyes. Then it comes back to me. Why we didn't talk anymore.

Y: Mamma mia, does it show again, my my, just how much I missed ya

G: Yes I've been broken hearted blue since the day we parted, why, why did I ever let you go

15 years ago, childhood friends were dating. You kissed her one day and she just left. She clearly didn't love you enough.

G: Mamma mia her I go again, my,my how can I resist ya. Mamma mia does it show again, my my just how much I've missed ya

Y: yes I've been broken hearted blue since the day we parted why why did I ever let you go

G: Mamma mia, now I really know

Y: My my I could never let you go

Everyone cheers and claps, you put on a great performance. After that song, you had about 3 drinks. You could feel Gwendoline on the other side of the room, eyes burning into your back.
You get picked again for karaoke.
All too well by Taylor swift. And you perform with your cousin. You were both massive swifties and sang your hearts out. You were quite drunk at this point and having fun. Your eyes dart around the room as you sing and they land on Gwendoline. Your eyes lock for a couple of seconds.

"And I know it's long gone and that magics not here no more. I might be ok but I'm not fine at all!" You sing

You look back at Gwendoline and see a singular tear fall, a sad smile on her face. Her deep blue eyes drown you.

"CAUSE THERE WE ARE AGAIN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, DANCING ROUND THE KITCHEN IN THE REFRIGERATOR LIGHT!" You scream jumping up and down

Everyone laughs. Everyone but Gwendoline.

The song finished and you fall onto the sofa laughing. You draw the next 2 names and you drew Gwendoline. And her song was Love is an open door. You burst out laughing when you read it.

You put the song and she sings. She's really cute. NO! You can't fall for her again. She moved on and you have to aswell.
She goes bright red and you giggle, she was so easy to fluster. The song finishes and you drew your friend who was sat next to you.

Gwendoline sat next to you instead. You let her pick the song but didn't say much.
As they sang, subconsciously you laid your head on her shoulder. You didn't realise until the song was over and you sat up immediately.

"Don't move, your comfortable!" Gwendoline complains.
You feel bad and put your head back on her shoulder. You remember how much you miss her.

Just before midnight, your best friends, Christina and Cate pull you and Gwendoline to do one last Karaoke.
You are handed microphones and aren't told what song. Then on it comes, S.O.S from Mamma Mia.

You were so drunk by this point, you find it hilarious. You do full out Donna and Gwendoline can't contain herself.

After your incredible performance you turn to face Gwendoline. She smiles and kisses you. Everyone is shocked and happy but confused. They all know your history.

You stare at her and she looks embarrassed and starts to walk off, a tear in her eye. You grab her arm, turn her to face you. Standing on your toes, you cup her cheek with your hand and pull her in for a long kiss.

"I like this Karaoke thing!" She whispers in your ear.

You kiss her again, glad to be back in her arms. You hadn't gotten over her. 15 years and you hadn't ever had another girlfriend, no one compared to her. You wanted her and only her. The love of your life.

You sit down and cuddle into her as Cate puts on a movie for you all.
"Fancy some karaoke?" You giggle
"No I fancy you, I have a big fat crush on you!"
"I've missed you Gwen."
"I've missed you to love."

923 words
My god this is so optimistic and cute. If you couldn't tell I love Mamma mia and Meryl Streep ❤️🫶❤️🫶❤️