𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

School.

A place Monty had never been fond of. The only reason he went was for football really. If he started slacking off then he would be temporarily kicked off the team until he got his grades back up. However now that Monty no longer had to worry about football, he couldn't give a rats ass about school. In fact he was resisting the urge to drop out.

But here Monty was, walking inside the school and keeping his eyes casted on the small paper which had his locker number. He could almost feel the stares burning into his skull, wondering who the hell this new kid was and why he looked so damn weird staring at the ground. Monty should've been used to this feeling, seeing as he moved to a new state practically every year. But the staring, that's something you don't get over.

Monty finally reached his locker, letting out a small sigh once the door shielded his face from everyone.

"So it looks like you're my locker neighbor." A voice spoke, causing Monty to almost jump out of his skin. He closed it revealing a boy, who had a sly smirk on his face.

Monty pursed his lips and nodded. "Guess so. What's your name?"

"Marcus. You must be the newbie Montana."

"Monty."

"My bad. Monty. Met your mom and your sister the other night. Both very interesting people."

The last thing Monty wanted to do was talk to some stranger he had just met about his family. So when the bell rang, he reached in his locker for his English textbook and sent Marcus a small smile before walking off to his class where he would meet Ginny.

Luckily the twins were extremely skilled in English so that meant they would be paired in the same class together. When Monty walked throughout the door Ginny immediately gained his attention and ushered for him to sit next to her. Before he could move however his teacher stood in front of him, an awkward yet tight lipped smile on his lips.

"You must be Montana. I'm Mr.Gitten, your new English teacher," He began to say. "Like I told your sister, we keep a rigorous pace in AP English. The students take this very seriously. So, if my class proves to be too much for you, do yourself a favor and move down to regular English, ok?"

Monty decided to ignore the multiple micro aggressions that were being thrown his way and instead take the syllabus out of his teachers hands. Once he reached a seat he felt comfortable in he sat down, leaning forward and resting his head on his chin.

"Let me guess. He gave you the speech?" A boy questioned turning towards him. Monty immediately took notice that he was wearing a lettermen jacket, indicating that he was on some sort of sports team.

"Yeah," Monty replied. "I usually ignore it, y'know? If I say something or act out then I'm seen as the aggressor."

"Exactly. Elijah Parker."

"Monty Miller," The two shook hands, wide grins on both of their faces. "You play football?"

"Yeah. Wide receiver. Don't get your hopes up though, we suck ass. Literally."

"Diego, Montana, do you two mind keeping it down?" Mr.Gitten questioned. Monty furrowed his brows when he noticed all of the other white kids speaking loudly and having the time of their lives. Why was it that when Monty opened his mouth it was suddenly an issue?

Elijah sent Monty a "I told you so look" while rolling his eyes at the same time. Monty frowned deeply at this and faced forward once the second bell rang.

"Welcome back, AP English. Hiding in the back there, you will find our new student, Virginia and Montana Miller," Mr.Gitten stated. "I trust you will make them feel welcome."