𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

"Mom, thanksgiving!" Both Monty and Ginny told their mother at the same time, grinning widely.

"And I'm very thankful for the both of you," Georgia replied, rummaging around for something. "Where are my car keys?"

Right on cue Monty held up the keys causing Georgia to smile and take the keys from him while also ruffling his hair at the same time.

"Zions gonna pick you guys up any minute and take you to Gram and Pops. See y'all tomorrow, okay?" Georgia informed.

"Other kids get to spend thanksgiving with both their parents." Ginny mentioned, Monty nodding in agreement.

"Thanksgiving is time and a half, which means we get to have fun things like food and electricity," The twins weren't having it however, causing Georgia to frown and crouch down to their level. "Thanksgiving is lame. You know what the real holiday is? The Friday after Thanksgiving. You know why?"

"'Cause all the foods half off."

"'Cause all the foods half off! And we're gonna deep fry it."

"Everything?" Monty questioned, tilting his head in confusion.

Georgia shrugged. "Name a thing."

"Pumpkin pie." Ginny replied.

"Pumpkin pie. Give me a hard one."

"Twinkie."

"Deep fried Twinkie's are a delicacy."

"You absolutely can deep fry a Twinkie," Georgia argued. "'Cause this is Fry-yay, and we fry things all day long."

"Yay!"

Monty was so happy back then. The grin never left his face, and Georgia would always tell him how he was such a happy baby. Four year old Monty would he ashamed of how downhill he went. Barley able to get out of bed, his head swarming with negative thoughts, Monty was turning into a damn train wreck, and the worse part was that he wasn't making an effort to pull himself out from the gutter. Georgia always told him to be strong, to always rise above his problems because that was how he was going to succeed. But here Monty was, blankly staring at the wall in front of him as he tried his hardest to keep his tears at bay. Crying was all that he's done ever since he stepped foot in Zions house. It was time he did something else with his time.

"Monty," Ginny greeted, walking inside her twins room without even bothering to knock. "Dads loosing his shit downstairs. He says you need to be shower and be dressed by the time Gram and Pop come over."

Shit!

Monty cursed under his breath, only now remembering how his grandparents were supposed to be coming over for thanksgiving. It had been so long since he's seen them, and they would no doubt comment on the eye bags under Montys eyes and the fact that his smiles were forced. That was the thing about his grandparents. They were able to notice the little things. And Monty hated it.

"Tell dad not to worry. I'll be down soon." Monty assured with a nod, slowly rolling out of bed. Ginny watched his every move and opened her mouth to say something before stopping herself. If there was one thing she knew about her twin it was that he liked space, and not to be bombarded with questions. So she sent him one last smile before stepping out of his room and making her way downstairs.

Monty grabbed a pair of clothes from his duffel bag before walking inside the bathroom and turning on the shower water. He waited for the room to become hot and steamy before stepping inside the shower, letting out a shaky sigh soon afterwards. The scorching hot water was enough to wake Monty up, his teeth gritting in pain. He knew that he should probably turn the water down, for it would burn his skin and hurt like a bitch later. But Monty had been feeling numb for the last couple of days and was desperate to feel........something. Anything really. And if hot water was what it took for him to wake himself up, then so be it. As Monty washed his body, his mind traveled back to the events that took place the night before.