𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

The day had eventually gone by and Montys football game had arrived. To say he was nervous was the understatement of the century. It was the first time in over a year that he had been out on the football field, yet alone thought of being out on the field. To make matters worse Monty still couldn't get Abby's drunk confession out of his head, and he knew it was bound to mess with him sooner or later during the game.

"All right team, huddle up!" Coach Roberts ordered, slamming his fist against a locker to gain everyone's attention. Monty removed his helmet from his head, walking over to stand beside Lucas and Ricky.

"Coach, if I may?" Anthony asked, taking a step forward. Everyone groaned and rolled their eyes, not giving a damn about what would be yet another shitty speech from Anthony.

"That's fine, Anthony, thank you," Roberts replied, waving his hand to emphasize his point. "Ok team, we've been through a lot. Our record at the moment isn't the prettiest. But we got Montana on our team now, and he's gonna help us dominate these next few games, am i right?"

"Yeah," Monty nodded. "Ricky helped me go through them. I'm ready coach."

"That's what I like to hear. Alright, win on three. One, two, three—"

"Win!" The team shouted at the same time before cheering and banging their hands against the locker. Monty took a deep breath, pulling out a picture of his family from his locker. Normally before any game Monty would look at pictures of his family in hopes that it would bring him good luck. Monty smiled softly at the imagine before closing his locker and placing his helmet over his head.

Number 5:Miller

That had a nice ring to it if Monty did say so himself. When Monty ran onto the field with the rest of his team, he looked out into the crowd to see who has shown up. Of course his mom, Ginny, and Austin were there, cheering loudly for Monty which caused him to grin. There was also Ginny's friends minus Abby who looked confused as to what the hell was supposed to be going on.

For some reason Maddy and Caleb were there as well, which caused Montys smile to falter. He didn't know how the both of them got invited, but he couldn't think of that however. What mattered was making sure that they won this game.

Like Lucas predicted, Monty was benched for the first quarter due to the fact Anthony's parents were in the crowd and they wanted to watch their son play. Monty rolled his eyes once the opposing team scored a touchdown which put them back seven points. He needed to get on the field and fix this or else they were going to loose this game.

"Jesus. We're getting massacred out here. Miller, put your damn helmet on and save this game for us." Roberts ordered. Monty's eyes widened, but nonetheless he placed his helmet on and stood up, making his way onto the field.

"And here we have Montana Miller, the new kid on the block fresh out of Texas. Lets see if he has the ability to turn this game around." The PA system rang with excitement chasing everyone to cheer loud as ever. Thank god the helmet was covering Monty's face or else the fear would be extremely evident.

"You ready for this?" Ricky questioned, running up to Monty and placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I-I guess."

"Trust me bro, once you hold that ball in your hands you'll forget why you were ever afraid in the first place." Monty nodded at that, clutching the football that was thrown to him tightly in his hands. This was it. After being off the field for so long, he was finally back in his second home pretty much. Monty glanced at the crowd, noticing how Abby had now arrived and was staring down at him with a soft smile on her face. Monty felt his heart swell in his chest, grateful that Abby had remembered that he was playing tonight and decided to show up. He stepped into his position, holding his hands out for the ball. When the first play took place Ricky had been right this entire time. All of Monty's worries washed away and instead was replaced with an intense feeling of determination and confidence.