𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Monty walked throughout his house, the hallways dark and eerie. His heart began to race as he slowly came to terms with the fact that no one else was in the house but him. His hands shook as he attempted to open the front door of his house, only to find it locked.

"Hello?" Monty called, looking around the house. No one. Complete silence. Monty released the door knob, making his way inside of his kitchen to find Georgia standing there, grinning as she held a knife in her hand. Monty backed up into the wall, shuddering and beginning to hyperventilate. Georgia stalked towards him, twirling the knife around in her fingers. Monty squeezed his eyes shut, a sob escaping his lips as he did so.

"Monty!" Abby called, running inside the house. Her eyes landed on her boyfriend leaned against the wall crying his eyes out while his mother kept on making her way towards him. Abby ran forward and attempted to tackle Georgia to the ground only to be stabbed a few seconds later.

"No!" Monty shouted, his eyes shooting open. "Abby! Abby no!"

"You did this, Montana," Georgia stated, shaking her head. "If you weren't so damn weak, this wouldn't have happened."

Monty crouched down, his hands pressing down on Abby's wound. Heavy sobs escaped his mouth as he stared up at his mother before glancing down at his girlfriend once more.

Monty sat up, gasping in breaths as his eyes rapidly looked around his room in a panicked state. When he realized that he was only in his room and that there was nothing coming to hurt him, Monty fell back on his bed and stared up at the ceiling, trying to keep his tears at bay. He turned his head to check the time on his alarm clock, running a hand over his face when he realized that he only slept for an hour. One down, seven more to go. Monty knew that he wasn't going to be able to sleep for those full seven hours, and it's not like any of his friends were awake to talk with him. He was stuck on his own. There was always watching old football games on his laptop, but that was dead and Monty had lost his charger. The last thing he wanted to do was ask Georgia to buy him a new one. He would rather have a dead laptop forever than interact with her.

"Hey," Marcus whispered, tapping on Montys window. "You wanna let me in?"

Monty stared at Marcus for a second, wondering if this was actually happening. The two had only interacted once when Monty first moved to Wellsbury, never talking after that. But here Marcus was, at his window as if they had been best friends for ages. Monty felt bad about leaving him in the cold for so long, so he slowly made his way over to the window and opened it, allowing for Marcus to step foot inside of his room.

"What're you doing?" Monty questioned, letting out a nervous laugh.

Marcus shrugged. "Just wanted to talk to you, seeing as the last time we interacted I called you Ginny's twin instead of your actual name."

"It's midnight, Marcus. Shouldn't you be in bed or something?"

"Come on man, people like us don't sleep."

"People like us?" Monty repeated, furrowing his brows. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"People who's thoughts don't allow them to sleep. You stay up all night, staring up at the ceiling, hoping that your body eventually shuts down and lets you sleep." Marcus explained, beginning to walk back and forth in Montys room.

"How did you—"

"I saw you that day in school when you came back, man. You barley opened up your mouth, not to mention you looked like a damn zombie."

Monty now began to pace back and forth in his room, chewing on the inside of his cheek. Great. So now Marcus knew what was going on. It was only a matter of time before Georgia found out and all hell would break loose if she did.