𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"Hi," Abby greeted, walking up to Monty and pressing a kiss to his lips. "You smell like axe body spray."

"Thanks, what every guy wants to hear from his girlfriend." Monty snarked, rolling his eyes and leaning against the wall. He barley slept, too focused on getting his stupid essay done for AP English. He considered just asking Ginny to do the paper for him like always, but new town, new him. It was about time Monty did something for himself and didn't depend on someone else.

Abby frowned, pulling away from Monty and staring at the ground. He let out a small sigh and lifted up her chin, forcing her to look into his eyes.

"Hey, I didn't mean to snap on you alright? I'm just kinda tired."

"Probably because you weren't sleeping with me."

"Probably," Monty agreed, a small laugh escaping his lips soon afterwards. "Thanks for the laugh. I needed that."

Abby simply shrugged. "You don't have to thank me for being a good girlfriend, stupid. Don't make me flick you upside the head again."

"Yeah, maybe don't do that." He replied.

"Hey, uh, can I talk to you about something? It's been—" Abby began to say before a text message went off on Montys phone. He quickly pulled it out of his pocket, his eyes widening in disdain.

"Shit, Abs, I gotta go. Football emergency. Can we talk about this later?" He questioned, a hopeful look in his eyes. Abby wanted to say no, to tell him that she needed him to listen to her and put football aside for once. But the last thing she wanted to be was a controlling girlfriend, so she simply sniffled and nodded, staring at the ground. Monty pressed a kiss to her cheek before racing down the hallway towards the locker room. He barged inside to find Ricky pacing back and forth holding his phone while Elijah tried to snatch the object out of his hands.

"What the hell is going on?" Monty demanded, his brows furrowed in confusion.

Lucas rolled his eyes. "Jamie cheated on Ricky again and now he's trying to find out who the guy was that Jamie cheated with on Insta."

"Back up, Jamie's cheated before? And Ricky went back to him?"

"Like we said, their relationship is the most toxic thing on planet earth. Come on, we have to make sure Ricky doesn't loose his damn mind." Lucas grabbed onto Ricky's shoulders while Elijah snatched the phone out of his hands. Monty simply stood by, not knowing what to do. Deep down he's always sort of knew that the relationship between Ricky and Jamie was toxic, but this was a completely different level. Cheating and going back? Monty could never do that how matter how much he loved the person.

"He lives across town," Ricky informed with a nod of his head. "If we ditch now we can make it there by sunset."

"Are you insane?" Elijah exclaimed. "No, we're not going anywhere."

"I need to teach that son of a bitch to not sleep with my boyfriend!"

"He's not your boyfriend anymore. Not after what he did," Monty argued, pulling a bottle of water out of his bag. "Here, hydrate. It'll make your headache go away."

"How'd you know I have a headache?" Ricky questioned, furrowing his brows.

"Your eyes are strained, you flinch when one of us raises our voices, not to mention that vein popping out of your head. Trust me, I've comforted people who got out of toxic relationships. I know what to do." Monty explained.

Elijah and Lucas shot grateful smiles towards Monty who only nodded at them in response. All he wanted was to be a good friend and he felt as if he was doing his job right. Ricky sniffled, resting his head on Elijah's shoulder.