𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

TW:THIS CHAPTER WILL SPEAK ABOUT SELF HARM

Montana Miller could slowly feel himself slipping away into the darkness. It was one of the worst feelings in the entire world, feeling your happiness disappear within a matter of days and be replaced with this dark cloud that seems to be hanging over your head. Monty had thought he escaped the horrible feeling, that he was slowly getting better, that those thoughts that once plagued his dark mind were now gone and replaced with much more positive thoughts. Of course, the universe had the tendency to give and take. It gave Monty his girlfriend back, yet took any little piece of happiness he held dear to him in his heart.

Everything was so perfect. Monty and Abby were kissing, having the time of their lives as they professed their love to each other. It was something that was going to come sooner or later, Monty figured he might as well just get the feelings that were weighing down on both his heart and chest out of the way. It felt good, to have Abby's loving embrace back in his life. He felt as if without her he was never going to get better, instead trapped into his small, very much depressing bubble. Abby was like the sun, shining down on Monty's everyday life and making things just a little bit better. Of course Monty would most likely never he the same person he was when he first moved to Wellsbury. And for Abby, that was alright. For as long as she got to kiss and hold Monty once more, nothing else mattered in the world.

But then there was Gil, and his negative, evil, disgusting energy. Monty felt sick to his stomach every single time he looked into those bright blue eyes, those same eyes that used to hold love for his mother before everything went downhill. There was no way he didn't know what he was doing when he barged inside of Monty's room, watching as the teen kissed his now girlfriend. Monty swore he would never get that disgusting grin out of his head as Gil stared the duo down, calculating his next move on Joe to make the teens life a living nightmare once more. Luckily he didn't, instead introducing him to Abby with that same manipulative, condescending smirk. Monty told himself that once Gil left that he wasn't going to be afraid anymore, that he was going to regain that fire that was once ignited in his chest. However each time he thought about sticking up to Gil, he just froze. It was as if Monty's limbs and mouth no longer had the ability to move, causing him to look like some idiot.

Monty hated it. He was supposed to be the man of the house, however instead he felt like some sort of coward. So much to the point where Monty felt the need to punish himself for his poor actions. After all, perhaps this was what the universe was trying to convey to him all along. That he was a coward, that he didn't deserve anything good that ever came his way. To be quite honest, Monty was starting to believe the words that were being pounded into his brain for years upon years upon years.

Monty sat in the corner of his room, twirling a razor blade around in his arms. He didn't even know where he managed to find such a harmful object, only that once he did he couldn't find himself letting go anytime soon. There was already a small gash on his wrist, one that continued to bleed out and stain Montys skin. The teen let out a small sob, squeezing his eyes shut as he tried to keep his tears at bay. His entire family was home at the moment, and the last thing he wanted to do was worry them with his stupid problems. This is what Monty deserved. He deserved to feel pain for his actions, for not being able to protect his mother from Gil. The pain wasn't supposed to feel so good, but it did. As Monty pressed the blade to his sensitive skin he could feel all of his worries wash away, even if it was for a second.

"Monty! Breakfast!" Austin called from the kitchen, Monty cursing under his breath before stuffing the blade under his bed and rolling down his sleeves once more. He then wiped the tears that fell from his eyes at a rapid pace and opened the door to his room, beginning to make his way down to the kitchen. Montys eyes landed on his mother and Paul who were grabbing their belongings, most likely on their way to run an errand. From the corner of his eye he could see Gil as well,  serving breakfast in the kitchen.