𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

"Montana! No, we're not doing this. Get up!" Georgia shouted as she stormed inside her oldest sons room and started to open up his blinds. Monty groaned loudly and pulled his blankets over his body, trying his best to block out the deathly sunrays. It was a Friday morning, and on Friday mornings Monty completely disregarded waking up early and getting ready for school. Unfortunately for him his mom took school seriously so when it was time to wake up, it was time to wake up.

"It's so early," Monty groaned, turning to lay on his stomach. Georgia removed the blankets from his body and hit him over the head with a discarded pillow on Montys bed. The teen boy rolled his eyes before sitting up and grabbing his phone from the nightstand. His eyes immediately widened when he saw that the football group chat was blowing up with messages.

Elijah:BRO MONTY

Elijah:MONTYYYYY

Lucas:bro go back to sleep 💀

Monty:what's going on?

Elijah:HIIII MONTY

Monty:what's going on

Lucas:elijah shut up we were supposed to tell him during school

Monty:Tell me what?

Elijah:YOU MADE THE TEAMMMM

Lucas:you dumbass

Monty:WAIT I DID???

Ricky:yeah coach texted all of us last night telling us to tell you in school

Ricky:before SOMEONE ruined it

Elijah:I'm sorry I couldn't wait any longer

Monty:Wow I really made the team

Lucas:fair warning coach may bench you for the first game to make anthonys mommy and daddy happy

Monty:LMAO ok

Ricky:congrats bro

Monty:thanks guys, but we should probably get ready for school

Elijah:ok bye

"Shit." Monty whispered when he looked up from his phone. He made the team. Actually made the team. It was something Monty was expecting but in a way it was still shocking. He got dressed and made his way downstairs to be met with his twin and Georgia talking with each other.

"Took you long enough," Ginny snarked. "You going to sophomore sleepover?"

"What the hell is sophomore sleepover?" Monty repeated. Ginny walked over and handed him a flyer which was a little too bright for his taste. Apparently it was all in the name. Sophomore sleepover is when you actually spend the night at school.

"This is the dumbest thing on earth."

"Well you're required to go."

"I'm sorry?"

"Sophomore football players have to go. It's so that they can promote it. Also, mom won't let me go alone knowing you can come as well." Ginny explained. Monty sent his mother a pleading look, hoping she would take the hint and allow him to stay home. Spending the night in a dirty school seemed like the dumbest idea on earth, especially when he can be at home relaxing and watching old football games.

"Excuse me, miss. You have a job." Georgia threw the flyer right back at Ginny.

Monty furrowed his brows. "Since when do you have a job?"