𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

"Dude, there's no way you're being serious." Monty stated, staring at his twin sister in disbelief. When Ginny called an emergency twin meeting, he was a little confused to say the least seeing as the last time they had a meeting was when they were twelve. But Ginny slowly began to explain everything that had been happening with her, such as finding a bunch of photos and letters in Georgias closet. At first Monty was a little upset, believing that Ginny had no right to go through Georgias stuff no matter how angry she was. But the thing that had Monty shooting up from his comfortable position on his bed and staring at his sister with a look of horror is when Ginny spoke about Georgia pointing a gun at her and slapping her soon afterwards.

"It's true," Ginny nodded. "Moms real name is Mary, and she keeps two guns in this house. Can you believe it? We have a nine year old living here and she's carrying guns."

"Maybe it's to protect us?" Monty shrugged, trying his hardest to defend his mother. "We do live in a cruel world."

"Yeah but like, why wouldn't she tell us? I mean, she had to expect we would stumble upon it someday. Not to mention the fact she kicked Maddy out when we were both bonding with her. It felt good to know a little bit about my family."

"Oh my god, right? That's the one thing I'm angry with mom about. I liked Maddy, and Austin was having a really good time with Caleb. I'm just upset we didn't even get a chance to say goodbye, let alone be brought up in the conversation," Monty soon realized what he was saying before shaking his head. "But at the end of the day, mom wants to protect us. It is her job as a mother at the end of the day."

Ginny groaned, standing up and throwing her hands up in the air. "But aren't you sick and tired of all the secrets and lies? Because I am. I don't know about you, but I want answers."

"Then sit down and talk with her," Monty replied. "Can't hurt."

"What do you think I've been doing this entire time? The farthest I've gotten was getting a gun pointed in my face and slapped. Why can't you ask her? You are the favorite after all!" Ginny exclaimed.

"Not true! If anything, you're the favorite seeing you're the only kid she had who was a girl. Mom has some sort of deeper connection to you. But fine, I'll—"

"Hi twins!" Georgia greeted happily, walking inside of Montys room. The two stared at their mother in confusion, wanting to know why the hell she was barging inside rooms while they were trying to have a conversation. "What are y'all talking about?"

Ginny rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. "Twin meeting. You're not invited."

"Twin meeting? Been a while since y'all did that. What's the occasion?"

"Don't know. You keeping secrets can play a huge factor though." Monty nudged Ginny's shoulder rather harshly to which she replied with yet another eye roll.

"Can I talk to you outside, mama?" He questioned. Georgia slowly nodded, now confused as ever. The two walked out the room and downstairs to the kitchen.

"What do you wanna—" Georgia began to ask before being cut off by Monty.

"Why did you make Maddy leave? Why did you point a gun at Ginny's face? Hell, why didn't you tell us we had a gun in this house?"

Georgias smile disappeared and was left with a look of regret. For a moment, Monty felt bad for snapping on his mother, especially since they were known to have such a good relationship. But Ginny was right. It was time that they both finally got answers as to what the hell was going on.

"We're not having this discussion, Monty," Georgia waved her son off with a shake of her head. "It's like I told your sister. Maddy had to go and I don't regret what I did."