𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

TW:ATTEMPTED SEXUAL ASSAULT

Monty stood on the football field, holding his championship trophy in his hand. A large grin was spread across his lips as his other teammates cheered him on and chanted his name. From the corner of his eye, he could see Ginny and Austin running towards their brother, pulling him into a bone crushing hug. Monty let out a laugh before hugging his siblings back and handing his trophy over to Austin who almost fell over because of the heavy weight. Ginny had a hand placed on his back to make sure that he kept his balance.

"Mama!" Monty called, jogging over to his mother who had just now walked on the football field. "Did you see that? Did you see that pass I just did?"

"I did, baby," Georgia nodded, plastering a fake smile across her lips. "And I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" Monty repeated, furrowing his brows. "What're you talking about?"

Georgia pulled out her gun, pressing it against Montys skull. The teen boy let out a shaky sigh, throwing his trembling hands up in surrender.

"Mama," He whispered, his voice cracking as tears began to cloud his vision. "What're you doing?"

"It's gonna be ok, Montana. Mommy loves you. It's all gonna be ok."

Monty began to hyperventilate as he backed up, winding up falling onto his own two feet and collapsing on the ground. Georgia still had the gun pointed to his temple, the smile not leaving her face as well.

"Mom! No!"

Bam!

Monty let out a gasp, shooting up from his once comfortable spot on his bed. A hand was placed over his chest, trying to steady his breathing once more. Sweat trickled down from every inch of his body, causing him to feel even more discomfort than before. Monty held his head in his hands, squeezing his eyes shut and trying to keep his cries at bay. Once he was sure that he wouldn't let his emotions loose he grabbed his phone from his nightstand, checking the time.

2:15 AM.

It had only been ten minutes since he fell asleep? Monty couldn't believe this. He let out a sigh, shutting his phone off and laying back down, staring up at the ceiling. Ever since he showed up to Zions house on the verge of a meltdown sleep was a rare luxury that he got to enjoy. Instead, it was replaced with nightmares and constant fear. Monty hated it with a burning passion. He thought that if he got away from Wellsbury, then all the pain and fear would stop. But if anything, it got worse to the point where he wanted to pull out his hair and scream. Monty stared down at his phone once more, taking notice of the numerous text messages that were in his notifications. The majority of them were from Abby, and Monty clicked on her contact, going through each of the messages.

Abby:I heard about you running away. Call me!!!

Abby:I'm really sorry about what happened, please just call me.

Abby:I love you Monty

At the last message, Monty could no longer keep his tears at bay. They fell onto his phone, blurring the screen slightly. The problem was that despite everything, Abby did, Monty loved her too. He loved her with his entire heart. And he hated himself for loving her. Most people would drop their partners after finding out they were only using them to get over someone else they were still in love with. But not Monty. No, he was so desperate for love and affection that he would take back Abby in a matter of seconds. Montys fingers hovered over the keyboard, debating whether or not he should send her a message after a week of being apart. He quickly shook his head, shutting his phone off and staring off into the distance. He shouldn't be thinking about Abby at the moment, especially now of all times when his mental health was slowly declining.