𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Twin rule number seven:When something bad happens to one of us, we drop any argument and rush to comfort them.

Monty sat beside Ginny on her bed, rubbing her back and allowing her to softly cry into his shoulder. He hated that he had to follow that twin rule, especially after the two got into such a nasty argument about Ginny spilling her life secrets to everyone. But the twins swore an oath that they would follow the twin rules no matter what happened, and Monty was always known to keep his word.

"I just.......I feel so guilty," Ginny expressed, Monty softly sighing at the sight of his twin who was still crying. "Marcus and I got into this huge fight right before he had his accident. It's all my fault."

For context, last night Marcus had gotten into a pretty nasty motorcycle accident. Monty didn't know too many details, only that he suffered a a concussion from it. Ginny on the other hand was loosing her damn mind, for she felt that Marcus getting hurt was all her fault.

"You gotta stop doing this to yourself," Monty sighed, continuing to rub his sisters back. "Marcus will be fine. You just gotta have faith G."

G.

Monty hasn't called his sister that nickname since the fifth grade where she basically got it through his thick skull not to call her that anymore. But Montys main agenda at the moment was making his sister laugh, which wound up working out. Ginny snickered, shaking her head.

"Didn't I tell you to stop calling me that?" She questioned, raising a brow.

"Yeah, but I had to make you laugh somehow. Seeing as you have no sense of humor whatsoever."

"Hey! That's not true!"

Monty nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders causing Ginnys jaw to drop and hit him upside the head with a pillow. Monty gasped at the contact before grabbing a pillow and hitting his sister across the face, sending her flying off the bed. Monty then burst out into laughter, doubling over. Ginny tackled her twin, the both of them laughing loudly and continuing to hit each other with pillows.

"Twin fight!" Austin yelled, charging inside the room and throwing himself on top of the twins causing the both of them to cry out. And that's how the rest of the Miller siblings night went. Marcus had temporarily been pushed out of their minds, instead replaced with spending time with family and having some fun while at it.

                        **********
"Hypothetically, if I was to y'know, kill your dad, what would happen to me?" Monty questioned, sitting across from Elijah who was examining his bruised face in the mirror. After having a run in with his father, Montys house was the first place he thought of going. Not that the Miller boy really cared, since he told Elijah weeks ago that his door was always open in case he needed anything.

"Hypothetically I think you'd go to jail for the rest of your life," Elijah replied as he dabbed the bruise on his eye with a wet cloth. "I just don't understand why my mom won't get rid of him. It's like some messed up curse. I hate him."

"Been there, conquered that. Only difference is that my mom managed to open her eyes up a lot sooner then yours. Have you tried talking to her? Showing her how much of a prick your dad is?"

"Yep. And she literally watched as my dad punched me across the face. Wanna know what she did after that? She kissed my dad right in front of me before walking off," Elijah mentioned, wiping away his eyes to keep the tears at bay. "You and Lucas are so lucky. Y'all are the only ones living decent ass lives."

"That's not true," Monty argued, shaking his head. "Ricky has a pretty good life too."

Elijah scoffed. "That's just what he tells you. His dad died in the military, and his mom drinks her life away and is out every night at the club. Those multiple jobs he always tells you about? Nonexistent. Ricky is the one who pays all the bills and takes care of his little sister."