𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"Montana!" Georgia shouted, barging into her sons room. "I've been calling you for the last ten minutes! What've you been doing!"

Monty sighed, staring down at his phone. The truth was all he's been doing for the last couple of days was thinking about his dad. He was angry, furious that he just got up and left when Monty was so excited about having him back. But unlike his other family members, Monty no longer had a single petty bone in his body. No matter how much his brain was telling him to cut off Zion for months just like he did when he was thirteen, Monty wasn't capable of that. So for the last hour or so he stared down at his phone which had Zion's contact open, completely disregarding the fact he was supposed to be dressed about an hour ago for a photo shoot and interview. Apparently Georgia and Paul were engaged, which wasn't really surprising in Montys opinion.

"I'll be down in a second," Monty mumbled, adjusting his tie in the mirror. "Close the door on your way out."

Ok, so maybe Monty did have a few petty bones in his body. He couldn't help it though. Zion had left because of Georgia, just like he always did. Monty was sick and tired of acting like everything was fine when in reality things were far from it. He wanted his father back in his life, but of course he could never have what he wanted because of his mother and her chaotic life.

"You're putting on the tie wrong," Georgia sighed, stepping forward to grab the tie from her sons hands. "You have to—"

"Mom, stop!" He demanded, pushing her hands away.

"Is everything alright in here?" Paul questioned, now entering the room.

"Mind your business Paul."

"Montana Miller!" Georgia scolded, sending her son a look of pure disbelief. "You get yourself downstairs right this second!"

Monty rolled his eyes, pushing past Paul and making his way down the stairs to meet with his sister and brother. Ginny was the first to notice Monty, and she wrapped him in a small side hug.

"Mom?" She questioned to which Monty only nodded. He really wasn't in the talking mood at the moment. The photo shoot was now on, with the kids barley smiling at the camera. In his opinion Monty really didn't have anything to smile about. His mom was a liar along with the fact she was marrying a man Monty wasn't exactly comfortable with.

"The election is tomorrow," Tom, the interview told the Miller family plus Paul. "Your opponent, Cynthia Filler is running her campaign attacking your lack of family values, and now you're engaged. How would you respond to critics about the timing of your proposal?"

"I am marrying Georgia because I fell in love with her and her kids. It's as simple as that." Paul replied. Monty had to suppress an eye roll at the comment.

"So, how did he propose?" Tom questioned.

Paul began to stammer on his words causing Georgia to jump in. "It was so romantic. We were working late, one night, and he handed me this file and asked me to put it in my desk drawer. And I'm like "the file goes in the filing cabinet." On and on about this desk drawer until finally, he opens it, and inside is this little velvet box."

"That's a very good answer," Tom continued. "Now, Georgia, you're relatively new to Wellsbury. Would you say it's a good fit for you and the children?"

"Absolutely. It helps that everyone's been so welcoming."

Tom had attempted to ask Austin what he liked about Wellsbury to which he simply remained silent. Monty placed a hand on his back, letting him know that everything was going to be alright.

"What about you, Montana? What do you like about Wellsbury?" Tom questioned, turning towards the teen boy who had clenched his jaw.

Monty shrugged his shoulders. "The community, I guess. I don't know."