𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

As Monty drove back into Wellsbury, a numb feeling overcame him. No matter how much he begged, how many tears he shed, Zion wouldn't let him stay home for fry-yay. He insisted on how much it would mean to Georgia if all of her kids were there. Monty didn't care what his mother thought. She didn't care about what May happened when he got thrown off the football team, did she? So why should Monty give a damn about some stupid holiday anyway. The only reason why Monty sort of cared was because Austin did.

"Oh my god. Monty!" Ricky gasped, swinging open his front door and running into the younger boys arms. Monty wasted no time in hugging back, letting a few tears slip as well. It had been more than a week since he's seen any of this friends, and this was exactly how he imagined their reunion going. Ricky pulled away from the hug, letting out a shaky breath.

"I-I came to return your car," Monty nodded his head towards the car which Ginny and Austin were leaning on. "Thanks again for letting me use it."

"Why would you drop off the car before going home? Now how are y'all gonna get home?" Ricky replied, his brows furrowed in confusion. Monty hadn't even thought of that part yet. His mind was too focused on going home and facing his mother. Ricky sighed, grabbing onto Montys wrist and dragging him back towards the car. Ginny and Austin quickly got in the backseat with no questions asked. It seemed as if they would rather just continue to use the car then hitch a ride from someone else.

"Thank you so much," Monty breathed, flashing Ricky a smile. "You don't know how much this means to me."

Ricky shrugged. "You brought my car back in one piece. And you're back, safe. That's all I care about. Ginny, Austin, you guys ok back there?"

"We're fine, Ricky. Thank you." Ginny replied, plastering on a fake smile. Austin nodded in agreement while Monty rested his head against the cold window. He felt a little better now that Ricky was gonna be there with him while he confronted his mother, but for some reason Monty couldn't shake that uneasy feeling in his stomach that things weren't exactly going to go the way he planned.

Twenty minutes later, the car came to a stop in front of the Miller house. Georgia stood at the front door, Zion and Paul by her side staring at the car in front of them.

"Damn, your mom looks mad as hell." Ricky muttered to Monty who only sighed before doing his handshake with the older boy and exiting the car, Austin and Ginny following close behind. Monty kept his eyes casted to the ground, not wanting to meet his mothers gaze whatsoever.

"You drove without a license huh?" Georgia demanded, crossing her arms over her chest. "You could've gotten into a crash, or got arrested—"

"Whatever mom. Let's just get this over with." Monty muttered, making his way into the backyard and sitting down in one of the lawn chairs. His hood was pulled over his head as he blankly stared down at the ground, no emotion on his face whatsoever.

"You know, I'm gonna have a deep fried banana. And I'm not even gonna question it. I learned my lesson after the Oreo." Paul mentioned, attempting to start conversation. Monty let out a scoff and rolled his eyes. God he couldn't wait until this was all over and he got to go home with Zion.

"Austin, do you want one?"

"Sure." Austin replied.

"Great. Ginny, Monty?" Both of the twins remained silent, none of them in much of a talking mood.

"Ginny, Monty, Paul asked a question." Georgia stated.

Monty rolled his eyes. "No, I don't want a deep fried banana Paul. I'm not hungry."

Marcus skateboarding past the Miller house was what caused both twins to turn around with frowns on their faces.

"So, you two together now, or?" Georgia turned towards Ginny, once more attempting to make conversation.