Chapter 13- Deja Vu

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

"Come on, Emmy!" Taehyung whined, pulling the girl behind him on the dock. "It's been forever since you've come out, and now you're dragging your feet?"

Emmy sighed in resignation. "It's only been a few weeks since you've seen me, Tae, and you know why I've been putting off coming out."

"Yeah, yeah, you don't want to cause chaos everywhere you go, but look! We're all fine. Everything's okay. Now, could you put a move on? I need to get on the water, this week has been insane, and I deserve a break!"

Taehyung and the rest of the coven invited Emmy, Hobi, and Jay out on Jin's boat for the day. Being a commercial fisherman had its perks, and Jin's boat, though designed more for functionality than recreation, was one of the group's favorite summertime activities.

Once everyone was onboard with a soda or beer in their hand, the group visibly relaxed. Taehyung wasn't the only one who needed a break, and that certainly included Emmy.

"So, Tae Tae, what's got you so stressed?" she asked, smiling over at the man who was picking a playlist to listen to.

"Well, you know I started the summer program for my pre-k babies--"

"No! You didn't tell me!" Emmy answered. She thought he was out for the summer by this point. It's no wonder he was stressed. He didn't have any time off to recover from the school year!

"Well, we knew some parents struggled to find childcare during the summer, so we wanted to have a new program that would allow us to do a summer school course, but on a voluntary basis, for the pre-k groups. It's one of the other teachers and me, and we volunteer our time, and the school lets us use our rooms. It's been gratifying, and I don't regret taking on the extra work, but those kids sure know how to wear you out!"

"What did they do this time?" she asked, leaning back in her seat and letting the sun warm her face.

"Well, they had an argument yesterday at the lunch table that resulted in a food fight. Ms. Gigi and I had to clean it all on our own since there's no janitorial staff over summer break."

"No!" Emmaline snorted, trying to hide her laughter. "I didn't think food fights actually happened in school! I mean, I saw them in movies growing up, but never in real life. I genuinely thought food fights and quicksand would be bigger problems than they turned out to be."

"Well, it happened, and it wasn't nearly as fun as it looks in the movies."

"What started the argument?" Jay asked, curious about what started the mess.

"You know how kids are. It started off with a girl singing that Tootsee Roll song, which in and of itself was hilarious. Then a little boy told her she LOOKED like a Tootsie Roll, and another boy said Tootsie Rolls looked like doo-doo. Then the little girl said the first boy looked like a Tootsie Roll because he HAD a Tootsie Roll, which was honestly the best comeback I've ever heard. Finally, the boy yelled, 'I DO NOT LOOK LIKE DOO-DOO!' and threw his pudding cup directly at the girl's face. At that point, the entire lunchroom turned into a tornado of sandwiches, chips, and fruit cups. It took hours to clean."