Glossary

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

I speckled symbolism throughout this book, sometimes in the meaning behind certain plants, sometimes in color schemes, scents, or songs. One of my favorite parts of writing this story, however, was choosing the names of all the characters. Most of the names in this story were explicitly chosen for their meaning, revealing a lot about that person's character and their ultimate direction in the story.

SO! If you still need to finish reading through to the end of TwoFold, I suggest you do so now because the names below WILL contain spoilers for the plot! However, some of you might find it interesting, so I thought I'd include it. Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed it!

- Dryghten: Dryghten's name does not have underlying symbolism. However, it does originate from Wicca and witchcraft itself. The story is based on deities within Gardnerian Wicca. An old text reads: "In the name of Dryghtyn, the Ancient Providence, Who was from the beginning and is for eternity, Male and Female, the Original Source of all things; all-knowing, all-pervading, all-powerful; changeless, eternal. In the name of the Lady of the Moon, and the Lord of Death and Resurrection."

The name Dryghten is spelled in two ways, "Dryghten" and "Dryghtyn." I chose one and stuck with it. The Triple Goddess and Horned God also come from Wicca, the "Lady of the Moon" and the "Lord of Death and Resurrection," seen above, respectively. The underlying course of the story is based on the Wiccan wheel of the year. For example, Emmy summons Hobi and Jay on Beltane, which is a holiday where the god and goddess come together in Wicca. Hobi and Jay died on Samhain, which is when the Horned God dies on the wheel of the year. Then, they are both resurrected on Yule, which is when the Horned God is born.

- Miryam: Our antagonist's name means "Beloved," but also "Sea of Bitterness," which I thought was appropriate. She was much beloved by Dryghten, yet she still wound up entitled, greedy, and bitter.

- Emmaline: As mentioned in one of the earlier chapters, her name means "Peaceful Home." The Triple Goddess reigns over the home, nurturing, and motherhood. Her name was chosen before the release of Jack in the Box, but I found it interesting that a line in the song "Safety Zone" says, "Where is the ray of light for relief in the dark? A peaceful home?" Emmaline is, quite literally, his safety zone.

- Hobi: This doesn't have symbolism. However, I wanted to note that I deliberately chose this nickname as j-hope's sunshine personality in this fic. One half of the whole, it is a part, but not ALL of the man j-hope is. I thought it was fitting that Emmy would have the Sun tarot card come up in her reading, predicting our sunshine's entrance into her life.

- Jay: "I'm j-hope of BTS, but you can call me Jay!" I started writing this fanfiction before Hobipalooza, but that particular line resonated with this side of j-hope, so I couldn't resist adding it to the story after the fact. Jay is the longstanding nickname ARMY has given j-hope when he's showing more of his sexy, dark persona. Most websites attribute the name Jay to the name of a bird, which is why a blue jay guided Emmy to Dryghten in her dream after Hobi and Jay's death. Not too out of place for a god of the wilderness! The name Jay also has a meaning of "Victory" and "Triumph," with Sanskrit origins.

- Anisa: Our bestie's name means "Faithful Friend" and "Pleasant Companion."

- Verina: Our resident seer's name means "Truth." She's the one who predicted the coming of Hobi and Jay!

- Casimira: Her name means "Destroyer of Peace," which I wanted in contrast to Emmy's name, which meant "Peaceful Home." She is literally meant to destroy Emmy's peaceful home. I also specifically wanted Miryam and Casimira's names to be similar since they are the same person. Both could have the nickname Mira.

- Alexi: His name means "Defender of the People." He was always meant to be the one to save Emmy from drinking the poison.

- Duri: As stated in the chapter where he was born, his name is an indigenous Korean name meaning "Two," in dedication to his dualistic fathers.

- Mr. Gulliver: His name means "Glutton" or "Greedy Person."

- Dr. Kenji: Our short-term doctor's name means "Wise," "Peace," or "Healing."

- Solara: This twin's name means "Of the Sun," as a dedication to her fathers.

- Selina: This twin's name means "Moon," as a dedication to her mother.

- Theodore: The last baby! His name means "Divine Gift." Of course, Emmy might have also felt sentimental about that old chipmunk during the latter half of her pregnancy.

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾