Prologue- Two Faced

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

Many moons ago, before the mortal realm ever existed, there lived an entity with tremendous power. Nothing existed apart from this entity. They were neither male nor female, but the inception of both. Their name was Dryghten, and they were the one initial source of all things. They were supreme, changeless, and all-powerful. They created the world in which they lived and everything within it, but they were still very much alone.

Dryghten was capable of creating anything they wished, but at that time, the thing they desired most was for there to be more like them. So, in their own image, they created two more beings nearly as powerful as themself.

In one simultaneous burst of innovation, they created a god and a goddess who encompassed two distinct sides of their omnipotent creator. The god and goddess were opposites but also equal in importance and value. They balanced each other in all things.

The god, who, going forward, would be known as the Horned God, exemplified divine masculinity. He was a dualistic lord in nature, represented in twofold aspects: bright and dark, summer and winter, day and night.

The Horned God ruled over nature, known as the god of the hunt and wilderness. He was the ruler over death and would guide souls to the Summerlands when they left their mortal bodies. He represented both death and resurrection in the life cycle of the soul.

The Horned God was the natural eros, the intrinsic masculine sexuality, giving the realms energy, passion, and sensuality. The sun was later created in his likeness.

The goddess, known as the Triple Goddess, represented divine femininity. She was opposite, but equal, in gender polarity to the Horned God. She was the lady of the fertility cycle, ruling as a maiden, a mother, and a crone, all with equal importance and value.

The Triple Goddess represented beginnings, innocence, and enchantment as the maiden. As the mother, she embodied fertility, sexuality, and stability. Finally, as the crone, she symbolized endings, repose, and wisdom.

The goddess was as fluid as the sea, representing the ebbs and flows in the life cycle of the soul. The moon was created in her image, controlling the ocean's tides like the Triple Goddess regulated the stages of life.

Together, the dualistic Horned God and the Triple Goddess made five equal points, creating a pentagram. This was their joint representation, coming together in perfect balance.

These five points combined inspired Dryghten to create the mortal realm. The five senses were established as well as the five elements: earth, air, fire, water, and spirit. The Horned God and Triple Goddess helped build this realm and were to rule as lord and lady, protecting it from harm and keeping it in balance.

The god and goddess were made perfectly for each other and embodied true love. This was the purest form of love in existence. It would be what every mortal being strived to achieve in their lifetime while only managing to attain a fragment.