Chapter 35- Divination

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

It had been 50 lonely days without Hobi and Jay. Emmaline spent nearly two months going through the motions, but she was doing the best that she could.

Her baby had more than doubled in weight during those weeks, and Emmy felt every single pound and inch that the third trimester brought her. The app said her little nugget was the size of a large honeydew, and could safely be born at any time without the likelihood of any significant issues. Anisa advised that since she was a first-time mother, she was more likely to be past due, but she was estimated to be full-term in exactly one month.

Anisa had been an enormous help to Emmy. She came by once a week to check on the baby and had gotten everything set up for a home birth whenever it happened.

Updates with the bookstore were done much faster than she ever thought possible, thanks to the team that was brought in. They reorganized the entire first floor, not even needing to tear down any walls or physically expand the building to fit the small cafe area. Business was already starting to pick up, and Emmy was hoping to be able to pay back her friends by the end of the following year if things continued as they were.

She also hired on some extra help. Emmy knew she would need another employee around if only to help Alexi when she took her maternity leave, but once the cafe was added on, the need was even more apparent. That's where her old high school friend, Kim, came in.

She and her husband had moved back into town a month before, and Kim had trouble finding work in the area. Emmy needed the help, and Kim needed the job, so it worked out perfectly for everyone involved. She was an excellent addition to the shop. Alexi got along well with her, and they both had found a good routine for managing both the store and cafe sides of the shop. It was a relief to Emmy, who was worried they wouldn't be able to find someone in time and get them trained before she gave birth.

She was grateful for the team she had surrounding her. She always had a way of changing her whole life around when she hit rock bottom, but she wouldn't have been able to do it without her people. Alexi, Anisa, Kim, and her coven were all her rocks, and she would always be grateful to them for it.

Emmy, personally, wasn't doing quite as well as the bookstore. She found herself living in a constant state of exhaustion. Fatigue was common this far along in pregnancy, be it the lower back pain or the continuous pee breaks in the middle of the night that interrupted her sleep, but the added stress in her life wasn't helping matters either. She found herself singing to her baby bump, much the way Hobi used to, through all hours of the night. The baby didn't kick quite as much for her as he did for Hobi, though.

Emmy sighed as she waddled to the living room with her lunch. The baby had recently dropped, and now she finally understood why pregnant women walked so funny. She was happy she could finally get a deep breath in, but the pressure between her hips made everything a touch more uncomfortable.