Chapter 15- Bun in the Coven

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

"How long are you going to wait to tell them?" Jay asked as Emmy looked through her closet for an outfit to wear to Jin's dinner party. She needed something pretty but not too clingy. She wasn't showing yet, but always looked like she was constantly bloated, tired, or sick.

Or all three, on a bad day.

"I don't know," she huffed. "It's not like we've waited a long time. It's only been a couple weeks since we found out. Most couples wait until they're ten weeks along to share the news, anyway! What's the rush?"

"You can't hide it forever, princess. You'll start to show soon. Plus, you said it yourself. Anisa won't be able to keep this a secret for long," Hobi eyed her with his hands in his pockets. "You know what I think the real reason is?"

"You're going to tell me either way, so go for it." She brushed her hands over a dress to smooth away the nonexistent wrinkles and decided it would have to do. It was a flowy A-line sundress with a white and gold marble print. It wouldn't cling to her too much and would hopefully keep her from looking ghostly pale.

"You're scared to tell Namjoon."

Emmy slipped on the dress and turned to face him with her arms crossing her chest. "Hobi, I'm overwhelmed. My entire life has changed in a matter of two months, and I haven't had a chance to catch my breath. Look, I see where you're coming from, but what Namjoon and I had was over long before you guys ever came into the picture. If it makes you feel better, I'll tell them tonight, but we have to get passed this thing with him. He's my friend, and I intend to keep him that way. He's been good to me. I'd like YOU to be his friend too, one day."

Jay snorted at the idea. "We really don't need to know the details of how GOOD he's been to you."

"I didn't mean it like that, and you know it," Emmy responded with a clenched jaw, her patience slipping away. "Namjoon is one of the main reasons I've been consistent in my magick. He's a great leader and is always there for everyone in the coven, especially during the hard times. When Jungkook was fresh out of college and trying to make a name for himself, it was Namjoon's couch he slept on. When my parents died, it was Namjoon who helped me find the contractors to renovate this place. When Jimin lost his first patient, it was Namjoon that comforted him. I love him and the rest of the guys, but I'm not IN love with him. So please, for me, can you stop resenting him?"

Both men looked well and truly chastened.

"We're sorry, kitten. You're right," Jay crossed the room and grabbed her hand. "We just recently came into the picture. We should be glad that there were people in your life to care for you when we weren't around."

Hobi kissed her opposite hand and nodded his agreement. Emmy sighed, hoping that was the last she would hear of the topic. She didn't like the tug and pull she always felt around Hobi, Jay, and Namjoon. Separately, she considered each of them to be some of the most important men in her circle. These were people who made her happy, who supported her, and were irreplaceable staples in her life, no matter how recently they might have entered it. Together, though, it was more like going into battle. It was every man for themselves, and she was the only person who could tell they were on the same side. She was ready for the rest of the brigade to open their eyes and see it, too.