Chapter 23- Witch Doctor

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

"We should probably start thinking about names, don't you think?" Hobi asked as he and Jay watched her change out of her pajamas. "Are there any you've been thinking about?"

Emmaline hummed as she wiggled her leggings past her hips. "I've been trying out a few in my head, but I'm iffy about them. What if we look at the baby, and they don't look like the name we've chosen?"

"Then we have a selection and see what fits," Jay answered, ogling Emmy's ass as it jiggled in front of him. She didn't even have to see him to be able to tell where his mind was. She'd be able to read these particular emotions from a mile away. "What have you come up with so far?"

"Well, for a girl, I was thinking maybe Suzie?" She threw on a tunic, hoping she looked halfway decent. It was too cool to be sundress weather but too warm for sweaters. "I also kind of like Maranda and Raven. Then for a boy, maybe Klaus?"

"We are NOT naming our baby after your vampire show," Hobi responded with a stern, no-nonsense tone. The woman sulked but didn't fight him on it. They should all agree on the name.

They debated different name options as they got ready for their outing. Emmy wanted to show off some of her favorite spots on the island, and the weather would be perfect.

She was touching up the last of her makeup when her phone rang from the nightstand. Jay passed it to her, and she absentmindedly answered, trying to swipe a stray eyelash from her cheek. "Hello?"

"Hello, may I speak to Emmaline, please? This is Dr. Kenji with Midtown OBGYN."

She nearly dropped the phone out of her hand. This was it. This was the call she'd been waiting for weeks and weeks on, dreading all the while. She was almost 20 weeks pregnant. These test results should have been in two months ago if it weren't for the issue with the lab.

As if they were the ones with the ability to sense emotions, Hobi and Jay ran to her side, concern oozing from their pores. Emmy smiled to ease their nerves, putting the phone on speaker before taking a shaky breath.

"This is Emmaline. How are you, Dr. Kenji?" She wished she could skip the small talk, but she was raised better than that. She steeled her nerves, preparing for the worst. Over the long weeks, she'd been thinking of all the worst-case scenarios.

"I'm well, Emmaline. Thank you for asking. We have the results of your noninvasive prenatal testing. Once again, I am so sorry for the mix-up that caused such a long delay. That being said, we only saw one abnormality in the labs. We found elevated glucocorticoids, which explains the larger size we've been monitoring, but otherwise, you and your baby are both completely healthy."

Emmy let out a breath she didn't realize she had been holding. The baby was healthy. Those four words kept repeating in her head. "Is there anything that needs to be done? Is it going to be a problem having those levels elevated?"