Chapter 37- Two of a Kind

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

The weeks following Duri's birth were some of the best and most tiring of their lives.

Everything at the bookstore was handled. Both Alexi and Kim had a game plan for her maternity leave and were total pros at running the place without her. She was eternally grateful to them for everything they did.

The new family of four had regular visits from the uncles, all of whom were envious that Jimin got to be the first to hold the baby. In addition, Anisa came by every day during the first week to ensure Emmy was healing and was a tremendous help anytime something new happened.

The most challenging day of the bunch was three days postpartum. All three of them were exhausted from the nightly feedings, Emmy was sore from trying to pump, and worst of all, she really, really had to poop.

Everyone liked to talk about their fear of pooping during childbirth, so she had that on her radar early on in her pregnancy, but people DIDN'T like to talk about the first time you poop afterward. It was a horrible, horrible experience. Even with the peri bottle Anisa brought, it burned horribly, and she felt like she was being ripped in half all over again.

Eventually, though, the trio found a good routine. Emmy couldn't imagine doing this without Jay and Hobi by her side. She was privileged to not only have two partners in this but also have them be able to stay home with her. Most men didn't have that luxury and had to go right back to work. They understood how fortunate they were to have that time to bond with Duri and get into the swing of being parents.

At 8 weeks old, Duri had filled out even more. He was already a big boy at birth but had gained a few pounds since then already. They went from having a purple, squished alien to an adorable angel baby in no time at all. He was very attentive and could babble your head off, which was ridiculously cute, especially when he play-talked with Jay or Hobi.

Those two were the best dads, helping her every step of the way and making sure she took the time to rest and heal properly. She liked to think the three of them made a pretty great team.

She loved spending time with her nugget, so she was finding it difficult to convince herself to let him go for the night.

"He'll be fine, princess. He'll be with us the entire time," Hobi insisted, making a couple of silly faces at Duri in hopes that he could tempt a giggle out of him. Of course, they knew it could be another couple of months before they got a full-fledged laugh, but he was smiling at least, which made for some precious pictures.

"I know, but I'll miss him! I feel kind of guilty, too, going out with the girls now that I'm a mom. I should be home!" She raked her fingers through Duri's hair and smiled as he wiggled.

"Don't feel guilty, kitten," Jay came out, adjusting his button-up. "You deserve a bachelorette party and a night off every now and then. Plus, we need our favorite little guy with us, don't we, buddy?" Jay cooed, tickling his belly.