Chapter 29- Witch Hunt

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

"Can someone tell me WHY the maternity industry is obsessed with empire waists? Also, who needs fifteen corny t-shirts telling people to look at their belly?" Emmaline whined as she raked through the tops in her size.

"Honestly, I didn't think women's fashion could have fewer pockets than they already do, but I was definitely proven wrong today," Anisa quipped, scowling at a pair of maternity jeans with an awkward cream-colored belly band.

"And your boobs are bigger than they used to be! How on earth does every single dress STILL manage to make you lose all shape entirely?" Taehyung pouted right along with them, much to the amusement of the clerks at the register.

They visited several stores and found a few gems, but mostly, a bunch of duds. It was what Emmy was expecting, though, and part of why she had put off shopping for maternity wear as long as she had. Who wants to make a significant financial investment in a bunch of ugly clothes! Of course, that's not even considering the fact that she wouldn't wear them outside of pregnancy.

She made sure to get a few staples. Several pairs of high-rise black leggings were a must, as well as some longer tank tops and a pair of maternity jeans. She only found one pair that wasn't hideous and fit in length, so she'd have to do laundry more often if they didn't find more. She'd found a couple of decent wrap dresses that could be adjusted as you got bigger. They weren't particularly her style, but they weren't tacky either, so they would have to suffice. On the plus side, she was her own boss, so no one could really complain about what she wore to work. 

The store they were scavenging had a bunch of adorable cardigans, most of which she could wear outside of pregnancy as well. Worst case scenario, she could wear leggings, a tank top, and a cardigan for the rest of her pregnancy, and it wouldn't be the end of the world. What the three witches were actually on the hunt for, however, what the dress for Emmaline's upcoming photo shoot with Jungkook.

Emmy, Jay, and Hobi had gone back and forth on locations for the better part of the week. They had considered taking photos out near the sand dunes as well as behind their house by the old magnolia. The pier was always gorgeous this time of year, and her bookstore had a certain charm to it, along with being very convenient.

They settled, instead, on the part of the island known as the Row of Oaks. It was a stretch of land littered with live oak trees, all of which were dripping in Spanish moss. The branches on the trees were long, thick, and winding, which made a gorgeous backdrop for any kind of photography.

With that location in mind, they were on the hunt for the perfect dress. Emmy wanted something that would showcase her growing belly instead of hide it. It also needed to be long. Mid-October meant chilly evenings, and JK wanted to take the pictures during golden hour to get the best light.

Hobi and Jay knew how worried she was about finding something to wear, so they agreed to pick their outfits based on what she found. At least she didn't have to worry about matching with them on top of everything else.