Chapter 32- All Hallows' Eve

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

"Have the guys gotten the fire pit together?" Emmaline asked Hobi and Jay as she entered the living room, securing her crescent moon earring. The rest of the coven had set up their bonfire together in the safest area of their back lawn. They were all meeting up at dusk to begin their annual Samhain celebration that would go long into the night.

"Seems that way," Jay said, peeking through the blinds that looked over the backyard. In the distance, the other six men stood laughing around the black steel fire pit piled high with local oak firewood, dried magnolia leaves for tinder, and whatever sticks they could find for kindling.

Emmy hummed in acknowledgment and sat beside Hobi on the couch to slip on her boots. The night wasn't too chilly, which was a benefit, but she didn't want to catch a cold while pregnant. She heard that was awful and had managed to avoid it so far.

She was eager for the night ahead. They would start with a remembrance circle, honoring their ancestors, followed by some meditation, and ending with the bonfire celebration. Of course, she would need to be careful to stay upwind of the smoke, but it had been so long since she had a bonfire with her friends, and she was looking forward to it.

She was disappointed, however, that the goblets hadn't come in on time. As much as she hoped they would get there for Samhain, she went to the store the day before and called again that morning, and they had not received the delivery. She supposed she could save them for Yule, less than two months away, and the guys wouldn't know any better, but she was still sad about it.

Hobi hopped up and went to the closet by the back door, which now housed his and Jay's rather impressive sneaker collection. He made nonsensical sound effects as he held various options up to his outfit and dismissed them, eventually settling on a black and red pair. Jay followed suit, going directly for a tan set that matched his monochromatic look for the night.

When the trio was ready, they left to join the others, Jay swatting at Emmaline's bouncing butt as they went through the threshold. Emmy shot a wave to Alexi, who was watching out the bookstore window, and they walked to the back end of the property where the rest of the coven had set up for the evening.

"Emmy!" Jimin and Taehyung cheered in unison as they approached, both excited for the festivities ahead.

"Chopped liver!" Jay sarcastically cheered back with a laugh as he and Hobi went to greet the other guys with handshakes and bro hugs.

"You look great!" Tae gushed, twirling the woman around to check out her outfit. It was one he had selected from their maternity shopping spree. She had on her new maternity jeans, a form-fitting white scoop-neck top, black knee-high boots, and a long maroon sweater that she left open.

She laughed and hugged them both, moving around to see the others and chit-chat before they began.

"So, first, we'll cast the circle," Namjoon started. "We've got most everything already laid out for that, but we need to lay the salt and invite the elements in. From there, we'll start our remembrance ceremony, just like last year, except with Hobi and Jay, of course. Then, for the finale, we'll light the bonfire! Em, do you want to take care of the salt?"