Chapter 30- Magick Moments

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

Emmaline had her feet soaking while the massage chair worked on the kinks in her lower back. Anisa was in the chair next to her, flipping through a magazine and commenting on celebrity couples she thought would go the distance, always giving her friend a good laugh.

It had been a rough week. Emmy had her glucose testing a few days before. It had gone well, with no sign of gestational diabetes, but it was pretty gross. It was similar to drinking an overly sweet and flat orange soda. Luckily she could do it from the comfort of her living room, one of the benefits of having a midwife for a best friend.

She also sent Hobi on an emergency bra run. She'd grown out of her pre-pregnancy bras, and the one new bra she'd previously bought had the underwire pop apart midway through the workday. He managed to come through and purchase a decent one for her, but she was annoyed that it happened, nonetheless.

She, Hobi, and Jay had also decided to close each night that week. Alexi had been an angel lately, taking on so many long shifts that she wanted to give him a break, but she was definitely exhausted from it.

Emmy smiled down at the woman who began painting her toes a matching color to what was already on her fingernails. It was a deep burgundy that perfectly matched the autumn season. At first, she thought it might look too Christmasy with her dark green dress, but Anisa talked her into it anyway. She also talked her into getting a gold vine design on one of her nails for extra pop.

It was nice to spend time decompressing before the photo shoot that evening. Jungkook wanted to meet at the location at 6:30, mentioning that was the best time to get good lighting this time of year. She had asked the guys if they wanted to get their nails done too, which they sometimes took her up on, but they decided to stay home instead and let the girls do their thing. They shooed her out the door a little too enthusiastically, so they must've wanted to organize their new Snoopy collection or something, anyway.

One of the benefits of living in a tourist area is having a variety of unique restaurants to choose from, so Emmy and Anisa loved trying all the new ones that popped up. The girls kept lunch light to avoid any bloating before the photo shoot, opting for a cute place on the boardwalk that served chopped salads with any topping you could think of. Emmy decided on the kale southwestern salad with black beans, corn, and quinoa. It was topped with a chipotle ranch dressing that she really loved. Anisa had the crunchy romaine Thai salad with peanut dressing, which tasted like a spring roll in a bowl.

While they were already in the area, they wanted to stop by Verina's Metaphysical Shop. There were a few supplies they needed to get in preparation for Samhain, which was fast approaching, and Emmy had a gift idea for Jay and Hobi.

Samhain was one of the major holidays celebrated within her coven, falling on November 1st. Many modern Halloween traditions were influenced by the Celtic traditions during Samhain. Much like the Night of the Witches, when Emmy initially summoned the guys, the veil during Samhain was especially thin. It was an excellent time to honor ancestors and thank the earth and the elements for their blessings during the harvest season. It was known as a threshold moment, the time between summer's end and the start of winter, as well as the merging of the physical and spiritual worlds.