Chapter 6- Emmy Enchanted

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

☽☼~~~∞☾✩☽∞~~~☼☾

The first specks of daylight still managed to peek through Emmaline's bedroom window despite her blackout curtains, and she cursed them silently as she attempted to roll over and face the other way. She found it more difficult than usual to move, however. When one source of that difficulty groaned and pulled her closer to him, she remembered the events of the night before.

Cringing from the hangover and her drunken escapades, she peeled herself out of Jay's embrace and shimmied down the bed, attempting to make it out of the room without waking the two men sprawled out under her sheets. She needed a moment to process, some painkillers, and a ridiculously strong cup of tea before she could face either of them. Tiptoeing across the bedroom and easing the door shut behind her, she let the weight of the previous night wash over her.

She couldn't very well call it a hallucination, however much she might have wanted to. She summoned two very attractive men into her circle who claimed to be the human embodiment of the Horned God. There was, of course, the off chance that this was some kind of trickster spirit trying to manipulate her, but they didn't seem to have a malicious motive to them. In fact, her circle was very well protected.

When Hobi and Jay appeared, she was in the process of manifesting her own completeness, which logistically would make sense if she was the Triple Goddess and they were the Horned God, but it still seemed nonsensical to her. Emmy wasn't an insecure person. She spent years bettering herself and loved the life she built. She would never call herself a "nobody," but maybe just your typical twenty-something. She practiced witchcraft, sure, but in the way anyone could practice it or tap into the Earth's energies.

She couldn't even imaging deifying herself. She didn't feel like a goddess or someone who would have supreme authority over the world. She was just a girl. It was almost blasphemous to even consider that she was anything else. 

Even so, she DID believe that Hobi and Jay were the Horned God. The way they appeared to her and the magick they presented was something she couldn't overlook, and if she believed in THEM, who was she to tell them that they were wrong?

Would she have given in to her baser instincts if she hadn't had so much to drink? Still, she couldn't deny that it was a great night. The best sex she'd ever had, in fact. Still, how was she supposed to deal with them? She couldn't kick them out, it's not like they have a place to go, and could she really do that to the god she was supposed to worship?

As she showered and got herself together for the day, Emmy's mind went wild with the various scenarios that could happen when the guys woke up. She spoke to them like regular people. Would they be mad that she didn't bow to them or something? Would they disappear into thin air now that they got her into bed? Would the REAL Triple Goddess come down to Earth and punish her, like Hera did to Zeus' mistresses?

She hardly even let her mind consider that this would lead to some happily ever after. Besides, didn't they say that in every human life they've lived with the Triple Goddess, it's ended in tragedy? Why would this one be any different?